- Comfortable working in agile methodologies, ideally Scrum.
- Experience with Java 8
- Sound knowledge of Spring boot or another Java back-end framework, Kafka, Elastic Search, Kibana, & Kubernetes
- AZURE or AWS Development Environment
- Refactoring experience and resolving technical debt.
- Designing RESTful APIs and integrating third party RESTful APIs.
- Engineering scalable and reliable solutions.
- Working familiarity with code revising and branding, ideally Git.
- Use of common productivity tools.
- Experience with automated testing approaches - test driven development, unit testing, integration testing, and BDD testing.
- Exposure to continuous integration tools.
- Understanding of service-oriented architectures and message brokers.
- Experience working in a production support role, supporting a complex and critical production environment.
- Ability to define technical specifications based on client business requirements or functional specifications from business analysts.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Strong use of concepts: Understands a situation or problem by putting the pieces together. It includes identifying patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related, identifying key or underlying issues in complex situations, using creative conceptual, inductive reasoning to apply existing concepts to define innovative ideas. More intuitive than rational approach of situations or problems by first trying to find the abstract meaning of things rather than the concrete nature.
- Analytical capability: Strong analytical skills, follow-up capability and problem solving ability. Able to break down complex problems into simple manageable units, develop solutions for each unit, and integrate them back into the whole. Can absorb ideas quickly and apply then pragmatically.
- Adaptability: Able to adjust to new environments, work effectively in varied situations and function in changing circumstances with a minimum of confusion or loss of productivity.
- Results oriented: Able to set goals and priorities that maximize the use of resources available to consistently deliver quality results.
- Strong interpersonal effectiveness: Team-oriented, client-focused and open to different ideas/viewpoints. Self awareness of own behavior and work style, as well as tolerant of different needs and viewpoints. Interest in others opinions and shows consideration, concern and respect for other people feelings.
- Organization: Detail-oriented and organized
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies
- Financial industry experience highly preferable
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a global / international financial IT environment, where there are a broad range of policies and procedures. Understand and follow the IT department rules (e.g. change and release management procedures). Possess first-hand experience working in a real Change and Release management environment.
- Experience with business analysis methodologies, processes and documentation standards
- 10 plus years of experience working as Senior Programmer Analyst role in a financial industry environment
- BS/Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant technical field.
Desired / Plus:
Languages: (Other than English) none
Desired / Plus:
GBSU/EQD/LTS (Listed Derivatives Transactions Service) Department is primarily engaged to provide IT solutions for the Equity Prime Services business line clients externally and internally. Working in partnership with Prime Service Front Office and Operations, we deliver innovative and robust solutions, with a desire to produce Market Leading solutions.
LTS is composed of talented professionals that translate ideas into action by combining the strength of our expertise in IT with a deep understanding of investment banking. Our teams are ensuring that we deliver the service our businesses need to compete and serve Société Générale's clients. Our objective is to deliver outstanding production services in a well controlled, high quality and cost effective way, and to deliver competitive application systems that allow GBIS to grow its business in existing and new markets, launch new products and take advantage of new opportunities when they arise. LTS is responsible for facilitating entry to new markets, compliance with regulatory needs, growth in business volumes, and operational efficiency improvements in our post trade processing environment.