• Minimum of three-five years experience sales trading of US Equity markets, ideally with established active client relationships which are portable to a competitive platform (client list will be asked).
• Program trading knowledge across global programs.
• Knowledge of the program trading landscape and its main buy side clients. Ability to cover the largest program/portfolio trading clients and their specific settlement workflows.
• Knowledge of market structure of derivatives exchanges and regulatory framework.
• Knowledge of using Execution Management Systems (ideally Fidessa), FIX protocol, Trade workflows.
• Knowledge of working of execution algorithms.
• Knowledge of transaction cost analysis.
• Ability to provide coverage and service a wide range of clients in execution of Program/Portfolios- An execution Expert/Specialist.
• Ability to help build a local client franchise.
• Ability to originate and sell cash equities and other franchise level offerings.
• Ability to handle client agency trade execution. Cross- Asset: Equity and other Derivative Markets is a plus.
• Able to deliver execution advisory services including pre / post trade TCA, technical market microstructure reports and industry trends.
• Able to facilitate operational efficiency through interaction with operations and various control functions.
• Able to manage risk with a strong risk management background
• Able to interact closely with IT and other support functions within the division to sustain and improve risk management, algorithms and client tools.
• Ability to work within a team environment and cross-sell other asset classes with other desks.
• Effective speaking and written communications skills.
• Clean regulatory history, Series 7/3/55/63.
Within Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking, the Global Markets Division brings together the Research, Investment and Risk Management Solutions, Execution, Prime Services, Equities, Fixed Income, Futures and Currencies & Commodities structuring capabilities with the objective of providing investors with one integrated multi-asset market solutions team. The Global Markets platform committed to long-term client relationships through value added services and smart solutions. The business uses an advisory and innovation mindset, focused on client needs, with the world leading financial markets engineering team. Global Markets is a leading player in derivatives, unrivaled equity derivatives expertise and #1 in listed derivatives, cross-asset and economic research. Our prime services' offering is a unique combination of execution, clearing, custody and financing services.
The team based in NY is looking for a motivated Sales/Trader to help grow its agency U.S. Equity Execution Business with a focus on program trading and overall electronic trading. The firm’s platform offers equities, options, futures, and ETF abilities in U.S. and foreign markets. This opportunity is for a sales/trader currently responsible for sales of several active and preferably transferable client relationships. Candidates should have strong market and trading knowledge with portable institutional accounts. The ability to cover and grow U.S.-based and foreign clients on U.S. and leading foreign equity markets is the core requirement. Combination of sales and trading with a keen focus on origination.