- In-depth understanding and working knowledge of SQL, scripting, and database (Oracle 12c), including performance tuning and optimization. (10 years or more)
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of the web-based development and system architecture utilizing Java technologies (3 years or more)
- Solid development experience and knowledge of UNIX and Windows technologies, including scripting, security and basic administration (5 years or more)
- Experience working with Reporting and Business Intelligence Tools such as SQL Server Reporting Services and OBIEE, Analytical Services, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, Qlikvew, etc. (2 years or more)
- Ability to define technical specifications based on client business requirements or functional specifications from business analysts.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
Desired / Plus:
- Automic UC4 – Recommended or other scheduling tool
- Datawarehousing experience would be ideal
- Python scripting
- sGIThub or usage of any other code management system
- Strong use of concepts: Understands a situation or problem by putting the pieces together. It includes identifying patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related, identifying key or underlying issues in complex situations, using creative conceptual, inductive reasoning to apply existing concepts to define innovative ideas. More intuitive than rational approach of situations or problems by first trying to find the abstract meaning of things rather than the concrete nature.
- Analytical capability: Strong analytical skills, follow-up capability and problem-solving ability. Able to break down complex problems into simple manageable units, develop solutions for each unit, and integrate them back into the whole. Can absorb ideas quickly and apply then pragmatically.
- Adaptability: Able to adjust to new environments, work effectively in varied situations and function in changing circumstances with a minimum of confusion or loss of productivity.
- Results oriented: Able to set goals and priorities that maximize the use of resources available to consistently deliver quality results.
- Strong interpersonal effectiveness: Team-oriented, client-focused and open to different ideas/viewpoints. Self-awareness of own behavior and work style, as well as tolerant of different needs and viewpoints. Interest in other opinions and shows consideration, concern and respect for other people feelings.
- Organization: Detail-oriented and organized. Used to distribute environment with teams scattered across multiple regions and time zones.
- Support: Level 3 Technology Production Services/Operations in dynamic, time-critical environments across multiple time-zones
- Experience working in a global / international financial IT environment, where there are a broad range of policies and procedures. Understand and follow the IT department rules, especially the Change and Release Management procedures. Possess first-hand experience working in a real Change and Release management environment.
- Experience with business analysis methodologies, processes and documentation standards
- 10 year(s) of experience working in a Programming Analyst role.
Desired / Plus:
- Capital Markets experience; trading and clearing of Futures, Options, Equities, FX, Fixed Income, OTC (Bilateral and Cleared)
- BS/Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant technical field.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial strength and proven expertise in innovation with a strategy of sustainable growth, aiming to be the trusted partner for its clients, committed to the positive transformations of society and the economy.
Active in the real economy for over 150 years, with a solid position in Europe and connected to the rest of the world, Societe Generale has over 147,000 members of staff in 67 countries and supports on a daily basis 32 million individual clients, businesses and institutional investors around the world by offering a wide range of advisory services and tailored financial solutions
Societe Generale opened its Canadian headquarters in Montreal in 1974 to offer its financial services to corporations, financial institutions and governments. The Toronto and Calgary offices were opened in 1978 and 2006 respectively.
We now employ over four hundred people, both in the traditional banking sector (investment banking, funds and trading activities) and in the field of information technology, with the opening of our SG Montreal Solutions Centre subsidiary which, thanks to its geographical location and its cultural diversity, provides computer support and development for the New York and Paris teams.