Societe Generale Americas’ Sourcing Department supports the overall goals of the Société Générale Global Sourcing Department in Paris. Our goal is the control and reduction of SG’s cost structure and mitigation of commercial and legal contractual risks within the United States.
This role for a Senior Sourcing Specialist is responsible for evaluating business requirements, leveraging the market place for best available financial and service offerings, as well as negotiation and execution of contracts. They are responsible for the strategic management of the category and to anticipate the business needs both short term and long term.
The position requires a skilled, experienced sourcing professional with general knowledge of the Financial Industry, with an emphasis on Human Resource related purchases (Training, Benefits, Recruitment, Temporary Staffing, Payroll) and other related services. Sound knowledge of contractual provisions and structure will be required, along with excellent negotiation and contract drafting skills. Additionally, the individual is required to have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
The candidate for this role will primarily be managing the Human Resources category of spend. They will, on a project by project basis, be required to address other categories dependent on aptitude and capabilities.
Sourcing Management (Responsibility):
- Strategic Management of Category related spends (primarily Human Resources) by analyzing the spend, business needs, market and leveraging for the benefit of the internal partners and the bank.
- Manage various deals from a sourcing perspective with a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to explain the sourcing process to business partners and enforce the policy and procedure.
- Employ the sourcing process – collect and assess requirements from business partners, evaluate the market (possibly by an RFx process), negotiate business and legal terms favorable to SG (incorporate/draft negotiated terms into the contract – redline), execute agreement etc…
- Analyze SG Suppliers (Know Your Suppliers - KYS)
- Support and deliver on Sourcing Group Savings Objectives and other general goals and objectives of the Sourcing Organization.