Job Description: Production Engineer - Application Support and Infrastructure Management
We are seeking a skilled, and proactive and experienced Production Engineer to join our team and take charge of various responsibilities related to application support and infrastructure management. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the smooth functioning of critical applications and services, as well as handling server-related tasks.
1. Application Support: Provide support for various applications such as Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic, Tableau, ICS, IDS and more. This includes application upgrades, installations, restarts, and script modifications.
2. Server Management: Manage Windows/Linux server activation, decommissioning, OS patching, basic OS troubleshooting and PowerShell/shell script creation and modifications.
3. File System Management: Address application file system issues, perform disk drive clean up, and extend file systems when required.
4. Database Application Services: Expertise in handling database-related tasks like restarting services during application upgrades and patching.
5. DR Activity: Oversee Disaster Recovery activities to ensure data continuity and application stability.
6. Control-M Troubleshooting: Handle Level 1 troubleshooting for Control-M services and restart them as needed.
7. Morning Health Checks: Perform routine health checks in the morning to identify and resolve any potential issues proactively.
8. Certificate Renewal: Manage and renew certificates for all applications as required for secure and seamless operations.
9. FT Application Support: Provide support for FT (Fault-Tolerant) and high available resiliency applications, including migration and script modifications.
10. Exploitation Scripts: Modify and maintain exploitation scripts to enhance system efficiency and security.
-Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues that may arise in the production environment
-Create and maintain documentation related to production systems, including configuration, procedures, and troubleshooting guides
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience in application support and infrastructure management in a production environment.
- Proficiency in handling Windows/Linux, Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic and database services.
- Familiarity with PowerShell, shell scripting, and OS patching.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
-Familiarity with cloud computing platforms and virtualization technologies
-Knowledge of the monitoring tools (Zabbix, Patrol, SCOM, BEM…)
-Strong Knowledge of ITIL process
-Analytical abilities and skills
Why join us
“We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status”.
At Société Générale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of
tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have
a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a
daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during
their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional
integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices and sharing their skills with
charities. There are many ways to get involved.