- Responsible for day to day processing for Cash Equity clearing/settlement Back Office Team (BO for settlement, payment, reconciliation, collateral management, fee management, cash management, etc to a high-quality standard
- Coordinate a team's work assignments and balance the workload, providing day-to-day processing and assistance while supervising junior analysts’ daily processing
- Subject-matter experts on a function and/or systems within the team
- Participate in projects on new business or systems changes
- Monitor and mitigate operational risks, ensure compliance of all necessary controls over the processing
- Always seek opportunity to review and streamline the current work process to improve the efficiency and reduce the costs
- Assist with more complex, non-standard exception-based processing or queries
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
- Operations experience weighted largely towards Cash Equity done in broker/dealers in Hong Kong, experienced towards HKSCC (Hong Kong, Shanghai Connect and Shenzhen Connect) clearing/settlement process is an advantage.
- Confident when dealing with demanding business people and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail and the capacity to keep track of a large and varied workload
- Ready to take on a hands-on job of delivery and meeting deadlines both in day-to-day processing and projects
- Proactive approach to identify opportunities to streamline and automate processes
- A strong understanding of the control environment and a pro-active approach to minimizing operational risk
- Ability to improve processes, coordinate multiple tasks and strong teamwork
- Excellent communication skills in Chinese and English.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
Back Office Main responsibilities
- Trade Settlement Processing including Fail Management and Settlement Reconciliation
- Payment Execution/Nostro Bank management
- Broker confirmation/statement generation/sending
- Pre-matching processing
- Margin Management
- Treasury Operations – Cash Flow Projection, Bank Facility Account Management
- Reconciliation – FOBO/Position/Treasury/Nostro Accounts
- Accounting and Provision Management
- Tax Payment Execution for the firm
- Balance Substantiations
- Fee/Invoice Management
- Corporate Action – Execution in the market (facing Depository or issuer companies, etc)
- Position Management – Short monitoring, etc
- Group risk control - FBK Controls/Morse Controls for BO
Back Office Mission Statement
- Ensure trades are settled and paid in a timely, accurate and compliant manner, while minimizing the risks associated with the process
- Ensure Payment processing should be done in compliance with regulations as well as group norms and control policies
- Ensure broker confirmation/statement in a timely, accurate manner, manage client interface in case of disagreement
- Process both income and corporate events arising from prop positions and ensure asset income and market events are acted upon within the deadlines and reflected within system
- Project and communicate the short-term liquidity requirements based on daily cash flow from all business areas
- Treasury position management on our custodian accounts on cash and securities and on our correspondent banking accounts
- Data integrity and reconciliations of accounts, treasury, nostro movements are central to handling risk and exposure
- Team Spirit - Open mindset: I listen and share my views and my expertise in an open mode
- Client - Understanding and Respect: I listen to clients and colleagues in order to understand and anticipate their needs
- Innovation - Technology: I include technological breakthroughs in the strategies implemented
- Responsibility - Empowerment and Accountability: I give resources and autonomy to make decisions
- Commitment - Sustainability: I strive to develop my skills and knowledge
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
GBSU (Global Business Support Unit) provides independent operational support to trading and sales. The department works with a number of departments across the firm (including Risk Management, DFIN, IT, Legal and Compliance) in the course of fulfilling their roles and responsibilities and to ensure compliance with firm policies and procedures.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.