Academic Background And Certifications, Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development.
- Experience in one or more of the following: C#, Java, Python, Ruby.
- Experience with object-oriented programming, algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience in Python web development.
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments and/or cloud technologies.
- Experience in database design and other data storage solutions.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting scalable distributed systems.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed (preferred).
- Experience in CI/CD practice, Git versioning control, Restful API, Test-Driven Development and Domain-Driven Design
- Experience with Front-end Web development, such as React
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with strong communication skills, a sense of ownership and motivation.
Nice to have:
- Network and other related fundamental infrastructure technologies or services.
- Good understanding of cloud design considerations and limitations.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
Welcome to the IT Infrastructure department, Global Technical Services (GTS).
IT infrastructure is one of the major stakes for the bank and is at the heart of Société Générale group's strategy.
Today, the Digital Transformation raises important challenges around IT Architecture, Infrastructure and Security. Many of these challenges are opportunities to imagine new experiences for our clients and new way to deliver IT services.
Within the Resources and Innovation division, GTS department plays a key role in the Digital Transformation. With more than 3500 GTS staff located across the world, GTS develops innovative projects while delivering operational excellence for infrastructure services to 148,000 employees and 32 million external clients.
GTS staff motivation comes from the new technologies they deliver to enhance agility of the various business lines (Cloud, Big Data, Continuous Delivery)