• Domains: Intermediation API, Business API, Data Modeling, User Experiencer, Server & hosting
• Language: Java/Python/C#, HTML5/Angular/React, CSS 3 & Java Script, SQL
• Practical experience in Big data: Hadoop, Hive, Spark and Azure cloud
• Experience in REST / SOAP web services
• Experience of working in an agile or devops framework
• Strong analytical mindset, attention to details, critical thinking, solution oriented
• Strong command of English and formalization capacity
• 3-5 years of experience as a Software engineer – Developer in the banking or technology industry
• Strong team playing, communication and leadership skills
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
GBIS is the Global Banking and Investor Solution arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia, SG GBIS provides corporates, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions. Global Business Service Unit is GBIS Service Unit, it delivers day-to-day services to GBIS BUs and their clients to accelerate the transformation, it is composed by IT & non-IT teams working side by side under the same leadership.
To strengthen the delivery capability, we are opening a permanent position based in Hong Kong. The successful candidate will join the GBSU Finance Risk and Market Data team (GBSU/FRM) as a software engineer. FRM is a regional team with 80 people based in Hong Kong and Bangalore, covering the Asia Pacific region (Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, China, India and Australia).