Experience and Technical Skills:
- IT Background: Business Informatics or University Degree with IT Cursus or equivalent experience
- Extended experience with J2SE especially multithreading and distributed systems
- Experience with different garbage collectors
- Experience with applications optimized for high throughput
- Experience with Java Collections and Generics
- Experience with the used toolset would be an advantage (InteliJ IDEA/Eclipse, Java VisualVM, Maven, JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, FishEye, Crucible, SVN)
- Experience with JUnit/TestNG would be an advantage
- Your expertise in test automation is key to ensure quality of release and optimize time to market and are aware of industry best frameworks and their integration in the pipeline of delivery
- Experience in Agile project setup (SCRUM, KANBAN, etc.)
- Fluent English (spoken and written) necessary to work in an international environment
Personal Abilities and Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills necessary to work with colleagues from different professional and cultural backgrounds
- Being able to establish credibility quickly with the business and other IT departments
- Strong level of autonomy and flexibility expected especially facing our stakeholders
- Being able to think in abstractions
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Promote & contribute to team work (pair programming, agile development)
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, thrive on a challenge and want to become a part of a dedicated and driven team that strives for success, then please apply with a CV, cover letter and work certificates.
At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person based on aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, nationality or ethnic origin.
Société Générale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognized on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams. More than 147,000 employees, based in 67 countries, accompany 31 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis.
We are looking for the support of a Software Engineer for our IT Unit.
Software Engineer / Core Java Expert (m/f/d)
(Frankfurt am Main)
The role of Information Technology (ITEC) is to provide IT services to its dedicated business unit allowing it to operate efficiently and continuously develop its activities in alignment with the business needs.
The IT applications landscape contains mainly:
- the manufacturing process with e.g. a highly automated issuance process for in average 2.500 securitized certificates per day
- 60 Websites to support the B2B2C Sales Approach to reach out to retail customers
- inhouse developed eTrading platforms:
- ICOM as the OTC Trading Platform for Warrants, Turbos and Certificates, able to price and trade hundreds of thousands of instruments in parallel
- Jaguar as Market Making Platform for ETF Trading
- the CFD Platform Panther, hosting the CFD Business for multiple retail brokers following a white labeling approach
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.