Software Engineer - Java Fullstack
A Software Engineer delivers features for a Product in a business chain. As member of a Feature Team, he works in autonomy and in a continuous improvement approach.
Candidate should work on all below activities related to the software development
Guarantee best practice and quality of the code of the whole team.
Organize and optimize/industrialize the process of development.
Propose technical solutions.
Participate to the construction of the technical infrastructure when needed.
Ensures a technological watch and demonstrates an interest for the Compliance business
Work in a team with agile practices (Scrum, Kanban, DevOps, pair programming, etc.)
Collaborate with POs and Business Analysts in the user requirements division (Epics) in user’s stories
Participate in the development of the technical culture of the feature team (craftsmanship, pairing, review, etc.).
This opportunity is to be part of the global finance technology team in Investment Banking division. We work on high end technologies and you will work with application development, maintenance and delivery teams
· 4+ years of related experience
· Primary: Core Java (Version >=1.7 ), Spring ecosystem (Core, MVC, data, JPA, transaction management, security, AOP, Spring Batch & SpringBoot), Knowledge of some of UI languages/frameworks (HTML5, Angular)
· Experience or knowledge in Kotlin is highly desirable
· Secondary: Strong knowledge on JDBC and DB concepts, ORM (hibernate), PL/SQL procedures, SOA/Microservices (REST, Soap), APP server (Tomcat, Weblogic)
· Experience in building REST based Web API
· Hands on experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)(JUnit), Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) approach.
· Prior experience working with CI/CD tools (Maven, Git, jenkins)
· Experience of working closely with business analyst in an agile or DEVOPS framework
· Strong analytical mindset, attention to details, critical thinking, solution oriented, think out of the box
· Passion for innovation, technology and building system from the ground-up
· Knowledge of finance process is a plus
· Professional attitude: Self-motivated, fast learner, team player, independent, ability to handle multiple tasks and functional topic simultaneously
Why join us
At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.