Experience and Technical Skills:
- IT Background: Business Informatics or University Degree with IT Cursus or equivalent with significant experiences in Investment Banking and Financial Products
- Experienced with tick databases / time series DB and low latency business
- Interested in technology and in the different opportunities to bring to banking industry
- Good understanding of IT concepts & architecture. Familiar with using specific tools for testing purpose for instance. SQL queries do not afraid you.
- Experience in Agile project setup (SCRUM, KANBAN, etc.)
- Fluent English and German (spoken and written) necessary to work in an international environment.
Personal Abilities and Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills necessary to work with colleagues from different professional and cultural backgrounds
- Able to establish credibility quickly with the business lines and other stakeholders
- Interest in learning more about products with complex structures and payoffs
- Strong level of autonomy expected especially facing our business partners
- Good analytical skills
- Good organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Articulate, friendly and approachable Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
Société Générale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognized on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams. More than 147,000 employees, based in 67 countries, accompany 31 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis.
We are looking for the support of a Software Engineer for our IT Unit.
Software Engineer / Tick-Database (m/f/d)
(Frankfurt am Main)
The role of Information Technology (ITEC) is to provide IT services to its dedicated business unit allowing it to operate efficiently and continuously develop its activities in alignment with the business needs.