Specialist Software Engineer - Big data
- Independently design components, develop code and test case scenarios by applying relevant software craftsmanship principles and meet the acceptance criteria.
- Complete the assigned learning path. Take part in team ceremonies be it agile practices or chapter meetings.
- Deliver on all aspects of Software Development Lifecyle (SDLC) in-line with Agile and IT craftsmanship principles.
- Deliver high-quality clean code and design that can be re-used.
- Actively, work with other development teams to define and implement API's and rules for data access.
Ensure customers, stakeholders and partners are rightly communicated on time.
- Assess production improvement areas such as recurrent issues.
- Perform daily checks and maintain required standards and production processes.
- Provide suggestions for automating the repetitive and regular production activities.
- Perform bug-free release validations and produce metrices, tests and defect reports.
- Assist in developing guidelines and ensuring that team practices them.
- Ability to perform level 2/level 3 production support.
- Increase coverage of data models, data dictionary, data pipeline standards, storage of source, process and consumer metadata (#reuse and #extend).
Experience: 5-7 yrs.
Mandatory skills: Java, Spring, CI/ CD, SQL, Web technologies.
Detailed Job description:
- Require 5 to 7 yrs. relevant experience on Java.
- Deep expertise and hands on experience in Core java.
- Hands on experience with working on Spring related frameworks such as Spring Boot.
- Clear understanding of Software Development life cycle and process Oriented. Would be great if worked on Agile or Continuous Delivery (CD) based projects before.
- Good fundamentals in Core Programming, Object Oriented design & Design patterns.
- Should have exposure to Oracle SQL/SQL server. Any other DB apart from Oracle is also fine, provided the fundamentals of RDBMS are clear. Good to have experience in writing SQL, stored procedures and functions.
- Experience in creating & executing unit tests using test driven approach with JUnit or any other equivalent.
- Good to have exposure of working on Java/Spark, Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, HDFS.
- Good to have exposure of working on Azure Data Lake, Linux Platforms.
- Good to have exposure of working on UI frameworks such as React JS or Angular JS.
- Good to have exposure to Investment banking domain.
Why join us
“We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status”.
At Société Générale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow
will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a
positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily
basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their
working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration,
participating in the financial
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 230005W1
- Entity: SG Global Solution Centre
- Starting date: 2023/04/24
- Publication date: 2023/03/11