Specialist Software Engineer (Data Engineer)
- Analyze, organize and process raw data using Bigdata technologies and Scala
- Perform data validation, cleaning and transformation using Big data technologies, Spark and Scala
- Ingest and manage data in HDFS/Hive and analyze data using Spark and produce meaningful insights for the business team
- Combine raw information from different sources, Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Develop code using Software Craftmanship best practices such as Continuous delivery and Clean coding principles
- Help business operations team with data samples to create proof of concepts
- Ensure the new data sets are feeding the Business Intelligence setup i.e Dashboards on PowerBI
- Liaise with BA to ensure subjects are getting prioritized, Communicate to PO about progress and potential issues
- 3 to 5 years of expertise and hands on experience in Spark with Scala and Big data technologies
- Good working experience in Scala and object oriented concepts
- Good working experience in HDFS, Spark, Hive and Oozie
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and partitioning techniques
- Hands-on experience with SQL database
- Have good understand on CI/CD tools (Maven, Git, Jenkins) and SONAR
- Good to have knowledge on Kafka and ELK stack. Knowledge on Data visualization tool like PowerBI will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication and coordination skills with multiple stake holders. Assess existing situation, propose and follow up improvement’s actions
- Good team spirit, ability to work in international/intercultural environments (lots of interactions with onsite stake holders)
- Professional attitude: Self-motivated, fast learner, team player, independent
Why join us
"We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status"
At Société Générale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 230005VW
- Entity: SG Global Solution Centre
- Starting date: 2023/05/31
- Publication date: 2023/03/16