Role / Job Summary: Oracle Exadata DMA + DBA L3 - accountable & responsible for handling global database operations. Must be able to work in rotational shifts – 24*7.
Years of Experience: 6 - 10 years
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
· Proven working experience as an Oracle Exadata Engineer & DBA.
· Working knowledge across multiple infrastructure components with strong experience on the database perimeter.
· Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications.
· Excellent knowledge of Oracle RDBMS (all versions) architecture & design.
· Excellent knowledge of Oracle Engineered (Exadata) Systems.
· Excellent knowledge of Exadata features like smart scans, HCC, flash cache, InfiniBand, ILOM.
· Proficient in Patching all Exadata components.
· Proficient in RMAN Backup & recovery, Security, Data Guard, ASM & RAC.
· Proficient in troubleshooting & solving complex performance problems.
· Proficient in Oracle Database Patching, Upgrades & Migrations.
· Proficient in monitoring & performance analysis through OEM.
· Proficient in Oracle Golden Gate.
· Experience in handling Disaster Recovery tests & exercises.
· Experience in working on a large-scale environment (at least 1000 + databases with bigger sizes).
· Working experience in banking domain (preferred).
· Expert knowledge of ITIL processes around Incident, Problem, Change, Quality Management and CSI.
· Exceptional coordination, communication and interpersonal skills to work across global teams and clients.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze, diagnose and assess problems; work with global stakeholders to derive tactical and long-term solutions as appropriate.
· Demonstrated crisis management skills in a large, globally distributed environment.
· Experience working with or in an automated operations environment
· Experience managing operations on core & cloud-based infra environments – ‘AaS platform’ experience ideal.
Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC), a 100% owned subsidiary of European banking major Societe Generale (SG), Our role and purpose is to enable the strategic vision of Societe Generale Group. We are doing this by pioneering cutting edge innovation from Design Thinking to Smart Automation & Artificial Intelligence, and applying it to banking.
SG Global Solution Centre provides services in the areas of Application Development and Maintenance, Infrastructure Management, Business Process Management, and Knowledge Process Management, to Societe Generale's business lines around the world.
“We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status”.
A 100% owned subsidiary of European banking and financial services major Societe Generale (SG), Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC) came into existence in 2000. Established as an offshore development centre in Bangalore, also having a presence in Chennai, SG GSC has 15 years of sustainable delivery expertise to its credit, and develops global best practices to promote the strategic objectives of the Societe Generale Group.
SG GSC possesses in-depth understanding of the business processes and cutting-edge technologies across domains of Societe Generale’s diverse portfolio. We deliver best-in-class solutions to the Group’s entities in the realm of corporate and investment banking, retail banking, specialized financing and insurance, private banking, and global investment management and services.
We place the highest importance on our employees and provide extensive opportunities for career progression and development. SG GSC conforms to the group diversity principles, and has a multi-cultural staff representing seven nationalities, and speaking 20 languages. Women comprise 25% of our workforce.