Specialist Systems Engineer-Docker & Kubernetics
• Design, build, manage and operate infrastructure and configuration of all platform environments with a focus on automation and infrastructure as code.
• Design, build, manage and operate the infrastructure as a service layer (hosted and cloud-based platforms) that supports the different platform services.
• Develop a log analytics solution to provide logging-as-a-service to hosted applications based on open-source solutions, to speed up the debugging process.
• Evaluate performance trends and expected changes in demand and capacity and establish the appropriate scalability plans.
• Identify and troubleshoot any availability and performance issues at multiple layers of deployment, from hardware, operating environment, network and application.
• Recommend and maintain technology related policies and procedures.
• Identify and suggest various opportunities to improve efficiency and functionality.
• Implement data security and protection.
- Administrating services status in Kubernetes Master and Minions
- Administrating Pods, Docker images, services, replication controller
- Scaling/Descaling Pods
- Administrating configuration changes in the Kubernetes files
- Microservices Deployment
- Troubleshooting issues encountered during deployment
- Provide Support to L1 & L2 team in creating RCAs & resolving issues & in completing daily assigned activities including the training
- Provide on-call support
- Good knowledge in shell scripting
- Conforming to client compliances and expectations
- Istio or Service Mesh knowledge would be a plus.
Certifications (Good to have any one of the following)
Docker and Kubernetes / EKS / AKS Certified – Professional
BE/B.Tech/MCA or equivalent
Opportunity to work in a critical banking environment that needs quick response and ability to resolve issues under pressure.
"- Global Partners
- Application Development Teams
- Application Support Teams
- Project Managers"
- Should have minimum 5-8 years’ working experience in Docker/K8s and certified as Kubernetes administrator.
- Preferably from a Linux Systems Admin or DevOps Engineering background.
- The candidates must have experience in larger cluster administration.
- Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality
- Manage the container platform ecosystem (installation, upgrade, patching, monitoring)
- Troubleshoot complex technical issues and assist development team as necessary to resolve issues related to K8s.
- Have experience to Perform system & application patching
- Provide on call support
- Answer user’s query and service requests
- Solid experience in K8s Application troubleshooting
- Should have the basic knowledge about the CI/CD process
- Should have knowledge in Python programming
- Good to have knowledge in Ansible
Why join us
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
At Société Générale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of
tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have
a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a
daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during
their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional
integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices and sharing their skills with
charities. There are many ways to get involved.
In the field of Why Join Us?
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 230003AZ
- Entity: SG Global Solution Centre
- Starting date: immediate
- Publication date: 2023/02/27