Societe Generale is a leading financial services group in Europe. The Group, which was founded in 1864, now has 146,000 employees from 122 different nationalities working in 66 countries around the world.
Societe Generale’s strategy is based on a diversified universal banking model, with three core business: -
- Retail Banking in France with the Societe Generale branch network, Crédit du Nord, and Boursorama
- International Retail banking, financial services and insurance
- Corporate and Investment Banking, private banking, asset management and securities services
Societe Generale is also a major player in Specialised Financing, Insurance, Private Banking, Global Investment Management & Services: Societe Generale Private Banking, Societe Generale Securities Services, Newedge (JV between Societe Generale and Crédit Agricole CIB) and Amundi (JV with Crédit Agricole SA), Societe Generale Insurance, Societe Generale Consumer Finance, Ald Automotive and Societe Generale Equipment Finance.
Frédéric Oudéa has been Chairman and CEO of Societe Generale since 2009. He is assisted by three Deputy CEOs: Séverin Cabannes, Jean-François Sammarcelli and Bernardo Sanchez-Incera.
In 2010, the Group launched an extensive corporate transformation programme called Ambition SG 2015, which aims to make Societe Generale "THE relationship-focused bank, a reference in its markets, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams."
A 100% owned subsidiary of European banking and financial services major Societe Generale (SG), Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC) came into existence in 2000. Established as an offshore development centre in Bangalore, also having a presence in Chennai, SG GSC has 15 years of sustainable delivery expertise to its credit, and develops global best practices to promote the strategic objectives of the Societe Generale Group.
Global Technology Services is one of the largest shared service centers for IT infrastructures ensuring the 24/7 quality and continuity of our infrastructures and their resilience to incidents, aligned with RESG/GTS norms & standards in the areas of: End User Support, Database & Systems Administration, Data Centre Services and Command Centre.
Department / Project Overview – GTS/PAS/DRE Team provides 24 * 7 production database support to all the MKT/GDI & Retail Banking customers across SG group. Project includes incidents, requests & changes management on all the Retail applications hosted on multiple technologies including Oracle, MSSQL, Informix, DB2, Teradata & Open Source RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MongoDB & MYSQL). The project is responsible for the complete life cycle management of databases including Migrations, Upgrades etc. Additionally the project supports all the maintenance operations, performance analysis & troubleshooting, patching & DRP exercises.
Role / Job Summary – MS-SQL DBA L2 with good knowledge on Always-ON, Clustering, Performance Tuning, PostgreSQL or MongoDB technology support is an added advantage.
Years of Experience – 5 to7 years
Qualification / Certification – Engineering graduate / MCA / Computer Science Graduate or PG. Any relevant RDBMS certification is an added advantage.
Key Responsibilities –
- Providing 24* 7 database support including incidents, requests & changes.
- Providing on-call database support during week-ends & out of business hours.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Strong knowledge on Production Database Operations & understanding the importance of BAU
- Good Knowledge on ITIL Framework
- Effective communication (Written & Verbal)
- Experience on Incident Mgt and managing Crises calls by engaging with Vendors & Clients
- Strong analysis skills, Problem Solving and Decision making
- Willing to accept/take responsibility and problem ownership
- Skill-up on new concepts, features and Open source technology and being Mentors
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Planning and execution of PSU Patching & Upgradation of SQL Server (Legacy Mgt)
- Good Experience on automating PSU Patching, installations and other BAU tasks
- Experience in using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and optimizing the queries, tracing long running queries, blockings and deadlocks.
- Account Management (Login Creation, Deletion, Profile Modification) & managing Security/Audit parameters
- Knowledge on index de-fragmentation, re-indexing and update the index statistics
- Configuration & Monitoring High Availability, Log-Shipping, DB Mirroring, Replication, Clustering and Always-ON
- Periodical Backups of the database and timely recovery when required. Scheduling the automated backup jobs
- Scheduling, Monitoring and Trouble shooting SQL Agent Jobs/Autosys Maintenance Jobs & Maintenance Plans