• Have an in-depth understanding of Multi Currency Nostro Cash accounts and associated break reports
• Reconcile cash and securities related to Bank, Carry Broker, Exchanges, Collateral, etc. and distribute/allocate breaks and break reports at specified deadlines.
• Perform reconciliations across products, regions, platforms (GMI vs GL) or environments and distribute/allocate breaks and break reports at specified deadlines.
• Understand system flow and data sources for each reconciliation
• Being involved with the Designing, Building and Testing of New Reconciliations
• Perform completeness check by specified deadlines daily and ensure all accounts are in proof daily
• Address and resolve any completeness or proof issues.
• Investigate and allocate exceptions in the reconciliation application accurately to strict deadlines.
• Identify and allocate unapplied funds and daily follow-up with break owners until resolved.
• Monitor the aging of breaks pertaining to bank, carrying broker, exchange or payable to customer items and assist to resolve and/or escalate
• As may be needed for manual reconciliations, obtain statements from prescribed applications, manually upload or print physical , including from SWIFT.
• Derive and provide dashboards for MIS reporting through Microsoft Excel.
• Escalate high risk issues or problems that may arise in a timely manner according to escalation matrix, or as may be specifically prescribed for the specific reconciliation
• Ad-Hoc queries and mini-projects.
• Ensure all queries are actioned in the Group Email
• Review and update existing procedures on a regular basis
• Responsible for daily General Ledger upload for all USD and Foreign cash entries
• Prepare daily segregated / secured target balance
• Ensure proper controls are processing and regulation.
• Report cash balances daily to help maintain proper liquidity
• Balance collateral positions lodged at Banks and Exchanges.
• Apply basic financial concepts to solve problems and prepare reports for analysis
• Approve security movements reviewing for regulatory rules and the order of the transactions.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Technical Skills: Knowledge in Excel
Desired / Plus:
• Experience working with reconciliations systems e.g. Intellimatch, NXG
• Develop quick understanding of up-stream / downstream interfaces & data flows in applications impacting Cash & Treasury transactions
• Good overall understanding of reconciliations – (a) manual (b) using macros (3) on reconciliation platforms (e.g. iMatch, NXG)
• Understand the big picture i.e. up-stream / downstream impact points of reconciliations and risks & impacts (financial / regulatory / reputational) of non-delivery, late delivery of recs.
• Assist the I.T. related teams with by providing time and inputs for development of macros, automation of recs., creation / enhancement of Reconciliation platforms for speed / more accuracy
• Have understanding of Cash Exchange statements (i.e. Physical, Electronic data-feeds, balances, variations, margin, controls, statements etc.),
• General knowledge of Treasury with a focus on the Derivatives, Cleared Swaps, Futures Equities and Fixed Income area
• Working knowledge of SWIFT and Federal Reserve system
• Strong Microsoft Office experience required
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
• Must be able to identify and research questionable items
• Proven ability to multi task and work in a high paced and highly regulated environment
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
• An assertive personality, that is able to deliver according to tight deadlines in fast moving "broker" environment.
• Take ownership or actions and responsibilities
• Share information, knowledge and experience with team members
• Innovative and a creative problem solver
• Customer Service - Customer orientation (Internal and external) with a commitment to superior quality service and experience in dealing with a variety of customers
The CCR/Treasury Operations Department is responsible for monitoring and ensuring margin requirements at the Exchanges are met in a timely and efficient manner. Execute proper settlement of client and firm collateral activity. Responsible for the cash and collateral management of client and firm activity and to provide support to Treasury Front Office.