Equity and Fixed Income Corporate Action Operations, covering clients trading a wide range of investment strategies and domiciled in a number of different tax jurisdictions.
• Monitoring and diarizing all corporate event key dates based on SWIFT MT564, MT566 and MT568 messages received from the global custodian and clearing agents. Communicating and managing event deadlines with clients, both external and internal.
• Reconciling SWIFT MT564 (notifications) received from the global custodian versus client positions held in back-office systems (client’s book of record). Positions to be reconciled include long, short, borrowing and lending.
• Responsible for managing claims process to SG International stock lender provider(s) on behalf of customers which have borrowed positions over XD,
• Monitoring and diarizing all corporate event instructions received from clients and/or the stock lender to SGIL, and communicating instructions to global agents.
• Managing Proxy Voting service with custodian as required by customers
• UK and international income administration with objective of mandating all cash
• Collating and coordinating the completion of operational tax forms as per agent requirements including W-8,W8-IMY,W9 forms whilst liaising with client services to obtain US tax splits for new and existing clients
• Procedural & Control Compliance with creation, review and update of existing procedures
• Increase levels of automation to eliminate manual input
• Any other ad hoc tasks as required for the role
• Ownership of cash and stock reconciliations
• Ensure Escalation procedures are followed at all times
• Responsibility for ensuring that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal Policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational risk requirements (e.g. Golden rules, security policies and regulatory requirements).
• Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within the scope of your position.
• Responsibility for reading, understanding and complying with the Company’s Conduct and Standards and corresponding regulations. You will be notified of changes to policies in a timely manner through announcements and/or intranet updates.
• Act with integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out your duties. Your actions should always be able to satisfy high standards of scrutiny.
• Observe proper standards of market conduct. Responsibility to ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory bodies that are applicable to your business.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
At Société Générale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved