Description of the Business Line or Department
The Natural Resources & Infrastructure Financing Group (GLBA/NAT) is a worldwide business franchise that provides a full range of advisory and financing solutions from the extraction of mineral resources down to energy production.
Mining Metals and Industry (GLBA/NAT/MMI) is a global business line based in Europe, America and Asia. It provides structured financing and advisory services for companies along the mining & metals value chains and industries, with a particular focus on sustainability impact and contribution to the energy transition. GLFI/NAT/MMI also is responsible for the relationship with companies in these sectors and so, for cross selling the wider banks products to these clients.
The London based MMI team has is part of a wider regional team which, together with the MMI Paris team jointly originates, executes and monitors transactions in EMEA and CIS.
Analysts in this regional team work on transactions originated in Paris and in London as well as in transactions or transversal tasks monitored by the Paris-based Business Development Team of MMI.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- Support Deal Execution and deal management for transactions booked by the team
- Support the development and management of client relationships with MMI target borrowers in the EMEA region
- Support the business development of the activity in other sectors and more particularly in industry sectors contributing to the energy transition (EV, hydrogen, recycling…)
- Help identifying and addressing clients’ needs in terms of raising and managing capital
- Take part in MMI in internal workstreams within and beyond MMI to provide best-in-class advisory to the client base and to contribute to the MMI Global Franchise
- Bespoke Support to the Team’s management
- Role must be performed in accordance with the conduct and compliance rules inherent to the business. It has to be done in compliance with internal procedures and external regulatory rules.
Summary of responsibilities
- Financial Modelling
- Review and work on models produced by companies and other banks
- Be capable of determining sensitivities and running them in order to determine debt capacity and to support credit submissions
- Building financial models from first principals
- Deal Execution
- Support the development of financing structures (term sheets, financing options papers, etc.)
- Prepare credit analysis and credit submissions
- Support the legal documentation execution process
- Run internal process including screening, profitability analysis, reputation and environmental risks assessment, permanent supervision, reviews etc from pitch to closing
- Sector knowledge
- Provide sector and market analysis to support the development of client relationships
- Follow the commodity, mining and industry markets
- Frequent portfolio review and close monitoring of risks and change in environment and clients situations
- Identification and assessment of new trends and generation of new business ideas with a greater focus on ESG evolution and energy transition
- Cooperation with Global MMI Team
- Demonstrate ability to work well with other members of the MMI platform (in EMEA and beyond), provide support where it is needed to other teams and share information on deals and trends across the global franchise
- Cooperation with other departments
- risks assessment teams on specific files and ongoing portfolio reviews
- middle office
- with legal, on-boarding and compliance departments
- other business lines incl export finance, trade and commodity finance, asset finance, coverage, debt and equity capital markets, rating advisory, market, retail, cash management…
- Operational and Conduct Risk & Regulatory Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures within the business line.
- Ensure that I take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory bodies that are applicable to my business.
Level of autonomy and authority
Growing autonomy on internal execution.
Can sign documents with a POA.