Description of the Business Line or Department
The Natural Resources & Infrastructure Financing Group provides a full range of finance and advisory services for producers, traders, processors and end-users of energy, metals and soft commodities as well as public sector through four key platforms: Energy group, Metals & Mining finance group, Traders, Commodity finance & Agribusiness group and Infrastructure finance, as well as MARK/CTY joint venture. Within the Group, the natural resources unit mission statement is to develop a worldwide business franchise in the Natural Resources, Energy and Infrastructure sector by providing clients with financing solutions as well as providing advisory services.
GLBA/NAT/NRG is in charge of financing and advisory services for energy projects worldwide providing integrated financing solutions that span the whole capital structure and cuts across the entire energy value chain.
EPG, a sub business line of GLBA/NAT/NRG covers Power (Thermal, Renewables, Nuclear and related infrastructure) and Oil & Gas which includes LNG, Petrochemical, Pipelines and Refining. One of the key advantages of the unit is industry sector knowledge and this is supported by the presence of a professional engineer in the team. The unit is increasingly focussed on transition activities in line with the global direction announced by the bank.
APF is a global team and across the London and Paris offices, the coverages extends to EMEA and CIS regions.
Provision of financial advisory services is a focus of the team, supported by financing using both the bank’s balance sheet, derivatives and the capital markets. It is also intended to widen our activity to include private debt and equity placement.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- Originate, develop and manage client relationships, working closely with Senior Bankers and relationship managers, where relevant, with APF target clients in the EMEA and CIS regions and originate new transactions;
- Take a senior role in advisory and arranging transaction teams;
- Promote cross selling of SG products suited to the Client’s needs;
- Contribute to the management of the portfolio including identifying distribution channels;
- Provide a role model in terms of conduct and regulatory compliance; and
- Promote the profile of SG in the Energy industry.
Summary of responsibilities
- Support all aspects of the origination of profitable new transactions in line with APF’s strategy and priorities;
- Support the management of existing, and development of new, profitable client relationships in line with APF’s strategy;
- Senior support of all areas of the execution, from origination to close, of advisory and arranging transactions in compliance with the bank’s risk appetite, guidelines and approvals;
- Prepare the credit analysis and documentation, under the supervision of a Deal Team Leader, for approval of the bank’s credit teams and management
- Under supervision of the Deal Team Leader, prepare term sheets and negotiate loan documentation, in accordance with policies and approvals through to financial close;
- Perform all required training on time and maintain good and up to date knowledge of GLFI Handbook and Conduct obligations
- Contribute to innovation in terms of both offerings to clients and internal processes;
- Perform in a mentoring role to juniors in the team