Description of the Business Line or Department
In the Energy Advisory and Project Finance team, we help our clients that are developing energy projects to finance them through lending or providing capital advisory services. As countries and clients around the world also navigate the energy transition, we provide advice and source appropriate forms of funding to help them develop their businesses.
For over 20 years, we have been at the forefront of project finance, advising and lending to multi-billion-dollar projects, and consistently recognised by our clients. We expect this to continue, with a number of large deals expected to close in the coming years. We are also focussed on the energy transition and are able to leverage our significant expertise due to our coverage in oil and gas combined with power and renewables.
The London and Paris teams operate as a single team and cover clients and projects across Europe, Africa and the Middle East. We also have teams globally in the US, Asia, and Australia. In providing our advice and funding, we collaborate with specialists across the range of energy subsectors in which project finance is utilised, including thermal, solar and wind power generation, LNG, oil and gas pipelines, petrochemicals, refining and fertilizers.
In addition to our core project finance advisory and lending business, we can support clients with a full spectrum of capital solutions through the wider Global Banking and Investor Services division drawing on colleagues experience in M&A, Equity Capital Markets, Private Placements, Debt Capital Markets, and Project Bonds.
1. Senior support of all areas of execution from origination to close, of advisory and arranging transactions in compliance with the bank’s risk appetite, guidelines and approvals;
2. Preparation and presentation of marketing materials, including coordination with other product areas;
3. Preparation of the credit analysis and relevant documentation for review by the bank’s credit teams and management;
4. Management of transactions’ due diligence;
5. Preparation of term sheets and negotiation of loan documentation, in accordance with policies and guidelines of the bank;
6. Support all aspects of the origination of new transactions and client interaction;
7. Promote the profile of SG in the Energy industry and support the role played by the team in the context of the energy transition; and
8. Perform all required training and undertake the role in accordance of the bank’s regulatory requirements
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.