Skills and Qualifications:
Ø Good knowledge of repo, derivatives, and Collateral Management
Ø Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
Ø Strong financial analysis skills
Ø Familiarity with banking procedures, loan, and payment systems
Ø Familiarity with legal documentation including CSAs, MSFTAs, MRAs Sec Lending agreements and clearing agreements.
Ø Excellent organizational and work documentation skills
Ø Ability to maintain an awareness of changing market conditions and the relevant impact on clients.
Ø Ability to interact in a mature and professional manner when interfacing with clients, team members and other SG departments
Desired / Plus:
Ø Previous experience in Financing
Ø Project management experience
Ø Estimates the risks or opportunities of own actions and initiatives
Ø Strong knowledge of capital markets, financial and banking industry
Ø Highly numerate, detail oriented, and strong analytical skills
Ø Steps forward to provide extra support to team leader and colleagues
Ø Applies procedures and guidelines
Ø Seeks opportunities to acquire new knowledge and skills
Ø Organizes post-experience debriefs to ensure useful information is shared
Ø Prioritizes work in a dynamic, deadline-focused environment.
Ø Collaborative work style -- effectively interacts with partners across organizational boundaries/hierarchies
Ø Creates and sustains a network of strong client relationships. Strong influencing, negotiating, and facilitation skills.
Ø Team player, interacts well, and creates synergy in team environment
Ø 5+ years’ experience in investment banking
Ø 3+ years direct collateral management experience
Ø BS degree in Finance and/or Business
Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, is a requirement as the person in this position will need to collaborate regularly with colleagues and partners in the United States.
Due to US Federal Securities law applying to this position, candidates who will apply for this position will be required to submit to an enhanced background screening, including the collection of their fingerprints by a third-party vendor selected by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (“FINRA”).
Why join us
WHAT WE DO DIFFERENTLY AT SOCIÉTÉ GÉNÉRALE
Competitive compensation & benefits offering, including but not limited to:
- Minimum of 20 Vacation days + 4 personal days
- Supportive Maternity, paternity, parental and adoption leave policy
- Health spending ($2,000/year) and personal spending ($1,000/year) accounts with 75+ eligible reimbursement categories (health, training, electronics etc.)
- Fully sponsored virtual healthcare assistance and Employee Assistance Program to you and your immediate family
- Various Employee Resource Groups (ERG) to engage with such as Pride and Allies, American Women Network, Black Leadership Network, One planet, etc.
- A culture of continuous development by encouraging our employees various training programs (online training and coaching platform such as Coursera, GoFluent, Pluralsight, First Finance, and others).
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities, and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
For more information about our Culture and Conduct initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/careers/get-know-culture/)
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission: Recruit, develop, advance, and retain a diverse workforce that is united in our efforts to enhance our competitive position and deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Vision:
• Engaged workforce that is demographically diverse in a way that reflects the communities in which we operate
• Inclusive culture and workplace that recognizes employees' unique needs and utilizes their diverse talents
• Engage our community and marketplace, and position the organization to meet the needs of all its clients
For more information about our D&I initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/societe-generale-about/diversity-and-inclusion/)
HYBRID WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Societe Generale offers a hybrid work arrangement that offers employees the flexibility to work remotely, as well as on-site, in order to promote interaction and collaboration with colleagues while adhering to all SG standard protocols. Hybrid work arrangements vary based on business area. The applicable Business lines will determine and communicate the work arrangements that best meet their business needs.