The Tax On-Boarding Team is a dynamic team of industry professionals who work collaboratively with senior management, sales teams, legal, and risk to facilitate Societe Generale’s new business pipeline. The team leverages their expertise, experience, technology, and relationships across the firm to manage the tax and regulatory components of the client on-boarding process.
- Manage the tax onboarding team (onshore & offshore) tasked with reviewing documentation received for new customers and ensure accuracy from a FATCA, CRS, DFA and French Banking Law (FBL) perspective.
- Identify situations that could arise which indicate U.S indicia or inconsistencies between the KYC documents received and the W-8 form.
- Identify Changes in circumstances on existing accounts in accordance with requirements under the Internal Revenue Code
- Tax form validation
- Perform surveillance by reviewing exception reports and perform periodic reasonableness checks of W-8 forms
- Review tax forms for expiration; coordinate with internal counterparts to obtain updated forms
- Review monthly GIIN List from IRS versus our customer master data
- Create and provide periodic statistical information status reports relative to FATCA and other Tax Withholding /Reporting relative to other Internal Revenue Code Chapters