Description of Required Competencies:
- Business Support and Client Focus
- Operational Excellence
- Strong problem solving, analytical mindset and organizational skills; ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, deadline-focused environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proactive approach.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Team player.
- Minimum 5+ years experiences in commodities trade finance operation and financing in transactional and borrowing base report monitoring.
- Credit / risk experiences in legal documentation requirement, product liquidity, facility structure / advance rate and financial statement preferred.
- Good understanding of accounting concepts (Cash, AP, AR, Net, Inventory)
- International multi-office operations experience.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office products including MS Project, and Excel, plus collateral management system and LoanIQ.
- Hands on Middle Office or Back Office collateral monitoring experience.
- Special projects and management reporting skills.
The TCF Middle Office (TCF/MO) Department provides collateral risk and credit risk monitoring services to the trade commodity finance (GLFI/NAT) Americas client base. The Analyst collaborate with FO, provides input on structure at pre closing and manages the files from the closing initiated by the commercial teams and ensures a close and proactive risk follow-up linked to the transaction during the life of the deal. When SG is Agent on deals, analyst has coordination relationship between the Borrower and the Syndicate. Responsibilities include daily monitoring of collateral/financing activity, reconcile credit agreement terms, as well as acting as the day to day interface between the Client, the Front Office and the Back Offices. TCF/MO monitors and reviews collateral, loans, LCs and payment requests for clients in the energy, agri and metals structure. TCF/MO is also responsible for daily controls of structured financed transactions, predominantly discounted receivables. Each Analyst is responsible for primary and a backup group of clients.