Description of the Business Line or Department
Societe Generale Global Transaction Banking (GTB) includes Payment & Cash Management (PCM), Trade Services (TRA), Factoring (SGF) and Cash Clearing Services (BAN), as well as the FX services associated with these activities.
The PCM team delivers and supports cash management products and services that are provided to our corporate customers. With over 6,000 specialists in over 40 countries, PCM is a strategic activity for Societe Generale, and we can offer the expertise of a large international banking group and experience spanning over twenty years.
The TRA team delivers all trade-related services such as documentary credits or LCs, Standby Letters of Credit, domestic and International guarantees and finance associated in 40+ countries.
As part of their growth in the UK, GTB UK are looking for a Trade Finance Customer Service Officer.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
1. Support GTB Front Office (TRA & PCM) in their commercial activity
2. Issuance and monitoring of bonds, guarantees and SBLCs (domestic and international)
3. Follow up on operational issues with the Back Office and product teams
Summary of responsibilities
· Support of GTB Front Office in trade transactions.
· Follow-up on client requests and needs in coordination with the GTB Front Office.
· Close co-operation with Back Office teams and support functions (Compliance, Legal, Risk…) relating to all operational issues.
· Responsibility of day to day and administrative tasks relating to trade transactions: market research, profitability calculations, risk and compliance controls, internal reporting, bank/country limits authorization requests to Head Office in Paris, etc.
· Proactively cross-sell with other parts of the organisation with a focus on GTB business lines
· Be risk aware at all times
· Support and further develop domestic and international Trade Services business in the UK
· Actively cooperate with the Global Relationship Manager in London branch as well as with other business lines
· Follow up on operational issues with the Back Office and product teams
· Follow up on and initiate opportunities with existing customers as well as with GTB prospects
· Represent Societe Generale at client meetings if required
Level of Autonomy and Authority
Level of autonomy will increase progressively with experience. Systematic reporting to management will be required at the beginning.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.