Trade Finance Middle Officer (m/f/d)
- Support the processing and management of the entire process associated with incoming: Issuance-, amendment- document presentation- and cancellation requests for import- and export letters of credit and international guarantees
- Ensure that all transactions are conducted in line with internal policies and regulatory guidelines
- Act as first point of contact for our customers and discuss with them operational specificities of their requests (e.g. required changes on guarantee texts or discrepancies on LC documents)
- Fee monitoring / management /debiting (MT499 processing)/preparation of invoices in close dialogue and alignment with back office
- Prepare internal/external monthly business reports and other relevant reporting/statistics
- Manage and steer strategic regulatory processes related to credit risk (RWA, ECL, provisions, etc.) - conditional on the implementation of the dedicated TRM process
- Cross-business activities: managing the quality of transaction data for Frankfurt scope
- Reporting to Deputy GTB Head of Client Service
- Close cooperation with GTB Front office
- Support with execution of Permanent Supervision Controls
Experience and technical skills
- University degree in Finance / Business administration or equivalent
- Proficient knowledge of trade finance products (letters of credit, guarantees, etc.)
- Existing experience of working in a Trade Finance department in a bank
- Client oriented attitude (internally and externally)
- Profound MS Office skills
- Fluency in German and English (written and oral) is essential, French is of advantage
- High level of commitment and responsibility
- Structured and result-oriented working approach
- Solution-oriented and flexible working style
Personal Abilities / Competencies
- Pro-active team-player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Profound presentation, communication and negotiation skills, written and verbal
- Ability to learn and work in a deadline-driven and culturally diverse environment
- Ability to escalate in an adequate manner
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships both internally and externally
Was wir bieten
Our Division Global Transaction Banking (GTB) integrates the business activities such as cash management, correspondent banking, international trade finance, factoring and related currency services. These different competencies are offered to financial institutions and companies including multinational corporations as well as large- and medium-sized companies that conduct business internationally.
For our German Trade Finance Team, we are seeking an experienced Junior Middle Officer with already several years of experience in working in a bank in the Trade Finance Division.
Société Générale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial strength and proven expertise in innovation with a strategy of sustainable growth, aiming to be the trusted partner for its clients, committed to the positive transformations of society and the economy. With a solid position in Europe and connected to the rest of the world, Société Générale has over 133,000 members of staff in 61 countries and supports on a daily basis 30 million individual clients, businesses and institutional investors around the world.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.