- Process daily trade operations transactions, ensuring that customers’ trade transactions are performed in a timely and accurate manner, within service level agreement, in accordance with regulatory requirements, guidelines and bank’s procedures.
- Assist Manager and/or Head of Back Office to ensure that the Bank’s policies, guidelines, control, regulatory, AML and compliance requirements are strictly adhered to.
- Review SOP’s along with manager or as delegated and ensure compliance.
- Ensure that areas of non-compliance if any highlighted by auditors and compliance officers are followed up promptly to prevent recurrence.
- Review along with Team Leader/Managers or as assigned on operational problems, complaints and queries and ensure the same is resolved promptly and satisfactory.
- Review new products and requirements with Business lines and set up procedures in consultation with Managers.
- Contribute to various process improvement and other projects as allocated.
- Assist Manager or Team Leader on adhoc request / topics as assigned / delegated.
ACADEMIC BACKGROUND AND CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE
- Degree with minimum 3-4 years’ experience in Commodity Trade Finance
- Past experience on projects linked to process review and/or with various project team to contribute towards operational requirements, testing and change management would be preferred.
- Reasonably sound knowledge on application of:_
- UCP 600, ISBP, URC 522, URR 725, ISP 98, URDG 758 and forfaiting
- Knowledge of HKMA/MAS/ABS guidelines and experience in areas of commodity financing
- Proficient with SWIFT formats
- Experience in end-to-end trade knowledge
- Experience on client portfolio management
- Good experience on structured trade and ability to contribute to complex structures and be able to handle trouble shooting / problem solving.
- React positively to coaching to achieve the next level of higher responsibility.
- Ability to identify and provide operational solution to potential bottleneck in document process operation.
- Active team player with good communication skills.
- Good initiative and be able to handle work pressures.
- Able to make practical, reasonable decisions in absence of detailed instructions.
- Able to work independently on projects linked to process improvements and for IT projects, should be able to share Operational requirements and be able to contribute to UAT and related change management.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.