Support of trade finance business for the AMER region including the processing of:
- Letters of Credit (Standby / Documentary)
- Post-financing products (Acceptances/Deferred payments, etc.
- Offers a web-based client platform
- Acts as L/C Provider for commodity and corporate clients
- Offers client specific processing
- AllTRA: Trade Finance Back Office system
- E3F: Document Repository used by Middle and Back Offices
- CMT: Incident Repository
- Konsole: ebanking global platform for Trade Finance products
- SWIFT Alliance
- Loan IQ
The Operations Specialist has dual duties:
- They are responsible for the servicing of corporate clients trade needs with regards to the above products. They must effectively manage the operational/documentary risk of the transaction from its inception through the life of the deal. They must also efficiently coordinate the actions of the various internal and external parties attached to the deal while adhering to industry practices and regulatory guidelines.
- They must also work as a project specialist to assist the department in introducing efficiencies via electronic, systems or other means. This aspect will require an understanding of all products, processes and business lines so as to effectively guide any projects through to a successful completion.
- Report directly to the TCF BAC Manager
- Ensure a rigorous day-to-day monitoring of BAC activity around the fundamentals of the GBSU strategy (decrease of operational risks, enhancement of service quality to clients and reduction of costs) by reviewing and validating the various tasks on their desk within the limits set by the TCF BAC manager:
- Act as an advisor to internal and external clients and attorneys on trade finance related issues
- Review trade finance documentation (credit agreements; letter of credit wording, etc)
- Support new business initiatives involving trade finance products and services
- Manage risk inherent to the products serviced via internal tools
- Update statistics in tracking tool on a daily basis
- Perform duties as Letter of Credit Technician for specified accounts when coverage is needed
- Compile data for preparation of KPI statistical reports on a monthly basis
- Maintain and keep current the departmental procedure manual for your specific portfolios
- Conduct daily review of reports for various systems: allTRA; Loan IQ; CS Portal; PeopleSoft; SWIFT Alliance; Quartz; Montran and Flexcube.
- Sort and distribute incoming work received via SWIFT, email and mail to respective staff members in a timely manner
- Participate and/or Lead in user testing for any software relating to trade finance products
- Attend required meetings
- Generate minutes or comment on meeting minutes to provide accuracy
- Adhere to deliverables schedules
- Communicate any issues that may impact completion of project(s)
- Generate test cases and document the results
- Create test plans and training schedules
- Coordinate user access with ITEC and have user profiles created
- Monitor user testing
- Control the team’s activity, i.e., : detect any issues, escalate them promptly to the TCF BAC manager; identify new ways of improving and prioritize these actions
- Escalate any incident, mistake or anomaly to the TCF BAC manager and put in place actions to remediate the issue
- Constant exchange with the TCF BAC Manager when any decision/process improvement needs to be taken and/or regarding the workload of the team
- Back-up of the TCF BAC manager whenever needed on some specific tasks (morning meetings, capacity management tool (KPI generation), monthly reporting, documentation review, etc.)
- Provide feedback on the training progress to the TCF BAC manager for updates to the skill matrix
- Apply all Group rules and procedures linked to Financial Crime risks prevention (KYC, AML, sanctions and embargo) on a daily basis while processing operations. Contribute to adapt rules and processes linked to Financial Crime.
- Participate in strategic decisions regarding any of the back office systems, in relation with the Head Office
- Review overall processes, analyze and deliver process improvements opportunities, participate in PSS group sessions (Problem Solving Sessions), remove non added value tasks, automate manual tasks.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Whenever needed, create and/or maintain reports for account officers detailing activity under specific products on a monthly basis
- Ensure proper circulation of the information to all partners (FO, MO, DFIN)
- Identify potential issues, analyze them and propose corrective actions
- Develop the partnership with the Front-office and other GBS stakeholders. Coordinate team interaction with other departments, including the FO, LSG BO, TCF MO, other support departments.
- Guide Team members on the creation of Simplified Operating Procedures format (SOP) and make sure they are regularly updated for scope and accuracy, identifying controls and implementing changes
- Creation and/or maintenance of reports for Senior Management or account officers detailing activity under specific products on a monthly basis
External Clients Relationship:
- Manage the relationships inherent to the transaction, e.g., the applicant (borrower) and the beneficiary; Compliance; Legal; Front and Middle office for the most sensitive or complex deals
- Efficiently manage client relationship