As a key pillar of the Société Générale Group’s universal banking model, SG CIB supports the economy by playing a key intermediary role, offering broad market access to issuers and smart investment solutions to investors. The service we bring to our corporate and financial institutions clients revolves around three main activities - investment banking, financing and markets - and our global franchises of equity derivatives and natural resources. For our clients we stand out because we are a trusted advisor with a worldwide leading engineering expertise and a quality product suite. In 1967 the Société Générale founded the first location in Milan.
Within the Global Transaction Banking business division (GTB), the Trade Finance business line (GTB/TRA) is responsible for designing, developing, promoting, and marketing the offer of products and services related to international trade guarantees, Stand-by letters of credits, documentary credits, international trade finance and structured solutions, among corporate, bank and non-bank financial institution clients. GTB/TRA operates in 16 countries, via its sales teams located in Paris, in offices in Europe, Asia and the USA and in the French Network’s delegations. GTB TRA also supports the trade teams of the African region and EURO subsidiaries. The activities and functions of the Transactional Risk Management Officer are grouped within the departments of the Middle Office of the business line.
The Transactional Risk Management Officer will support GTB/TRA team in origination and execution of trade transactions and the development of trade finance solutions.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Support Trade Finance Sales Team in origination & execution
- If a new transaction is proposed, check the acceptability of the transaction and its feasibility in accordance with the credit line and internal procedures (commercial delegation, risk agreement)
- Collect and review the consistency of the legal documentation related to credit risk approval and the conditions to be met
- Identify areas of risk on deals, by proposing adapted technical solutions and organizing post-mortem meetings, if necessary, with the teams involved in closings
- Execute compliance checks before the transactions and obtain upfront compliance approvals before processing a trade transaction
- Verify availability within credit facility before executing trade transaction
- Ensure that cash collateral is set up, managed, and monitored if necessary
- Analyze risks (credit risk, operational risk) throughout the life of portfolio transactions
- Oversee activities from pre-closing to book-off
- Assist Front Office during origination and focus on operational feasibility (including credit risk parameters) and monitor the implementation of the new credit lines if needed
- Set up daily monitoring of steering indicators (monitoring of issues and amendments, monitoring of coverage by private insurers, correct application of risk recommendations, compliance with implementation deadlines)
- Establish regular monitoring of anomalies, data quality, overdue payments, covenants, limits, and limit breaches on desk transactions
- Report anomalies, escalate alerts and share, if necessary (booking errors, KYC status, non-validated Obligor Rating, RWA data), with the relevant internal and external interlocutors
- Arrange anomaly review and/or meeting as needed
- Manage and steer strategic regulatory processes related to credit risk (RWA, ECL, provisions)
- Perform the monthly and quarterly analysis of transactions to anticipate the necessary corrections in the back-office management tools avoiding incorrect calculation of RWA, ECL, provisions
- Request the necessary corrections from the various teams involved
- Oversee the changes in corrections and adjustments made during the various monthly and quarterly financial years for its scope
- Contribute to the provision tracking process by managing Watchlist or defaulted customers
Studies & experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance or Business Administration
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience in Trade Services
- Fluency in English and Italian (spoken and written)
- French would be a plus
Technical, operational & Soft skills:
- Good knowledge of Excel, Power BI, and other data analysis tools
- Knowledge of Trade Finance Products (guarantees, letters of credit)
- Credit risk management (RWA, ECL, Basel parameters)
- Analytical thinking
- Active listening
- Creativity and innovation
- Client oriented work approach
- Professional integrity
- Time management
- Organizational and planning skills with proven ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Pro-active team player with high level of commitment and responsibility
Why join us
Société Générale Italy is a multi-category bank offering every employee the possibility to have several careers in a professional career path. Internal mobility and training are two core areas we focus on, in a dynamic, prosperous and evolving context.
At Société Générale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.