The booking, reporting and control of all financial operations executed by the Front Office desk
The modelization of complex products in the dedicated applications
The management of the desk's positions and events on trades
Ensuring the liaison between Front-Office and other support departments (RISQ, FIND etc..) to smooth the processing and resolution of daily issues
Booking financial operations into the system applications under delegation of the Front Office:
• Provides functional assistance to Front Office on his/her bookings
• Collecting and reviewing relevant documentation (trade tickets, confirmations) in order to accurately capture the economic reality of the trading book
• Insertion and reporting of trade executions into the relevant applications within reasonable timing.
• Maintain accurate static data in internal applications and monitor the trading activity on a daily basis.
• Contributes to modelize products handled by the front office in the financial applications
Control and Validation of the trading business
• Makes proposals to reduce/eliminate consistent anomalies
• Check the quality and consistency of each trade capture and perform final validation (if defined in OPER procedures)
• Produces and analyzes key performance indicators and key risk indicators (KPI and KRI)
• Act as the first line of control to guarantee the accurate pricing and risk valuation of each trade and the consistency of the way Front Office hedges his exposures to financial markets.
• Takes appropriate action in solving breaks and settlement issues related to the financial operations. Reports any anomalies in the dedicated internal tool of control.
• Produces and analyses key performance indicators and key risk indicators (KPI and KRI)
Acts a liaison between Front Office and other departments in solving daily operational issues:
• Develop action plans for recurring incidents, prepare post-mortems on operational issues
• Identifies analyses and corrects any issues related to the flow of information and data into the relevant system applications.
• Analyzes and solves breaks related to positions, flows and any payments linked to OTC trades.
• Coordinates with various GBS departments to assist Front Office in any operations related issue.
Management of Front Office positions:
• Makes sure any alert raised is well addressed by interfacing with internal/external stakeholders
• Anticipates secondary events related to OTC trades or listed contracts (corporate actions, expiries etc.)
• Notifies Front Office immediately in case of any discrepancy in a position in the internal system that could lead to uncontrolled risk.
• Depending on business lines, generation of internal trades or hedging operations with the agreement of Front Office into the system applications.
Improve daily processes and workflows:
• Develops VBA macros to automate and secure bookings in the system applications
• Writes procedures and documents workflows on his scope
• Contributes to the improvement of current processes by challenging, securing and/or automating them
• Participates in local projects to optimize daily tasks
• Specifies the development of tactical tools to overcome the financial applications weaknesses in the booking and transaction management
• Is able to challenge the pricing of the different complex products
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.