- Unix (Intermediate), SQL, knowledge on programming logic (feel comfortable to read code no matter what language).
- Read and code in any of the following: python, java and/or C#
- Bug fix experience, a plus
- 0-3 years of experience in programming, systems support and/or application support functions, QA Testing.
- Capacity(and interest) in learning and adapting to new concepts, technologies and environments. We understand the first 3-6 months could be challenging and are prepared to offer training on applications, architecture and finance to set you up for success.
- Curiosity and passion for new information. Working within testing environments to complete root cause analyses will be common in this role.
- Communication skills will be very important for success, as our team liases with many other teams within the organization(Traders, Sales, Middle Office, etc)
Languages(Other than Engilish):
- French speaking and writing a plus, but not required
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field of study.
The Equity Derivatives Volatility(EQD/VOL) Trade Support group is a team of five people with responsibility for maintaining and supporting Front-to-Back applications (80%) and providing solutions to our internal clients (20% development/automation tool or bug fixing in Python, Scripting, C#, JAVA depending of team knowledge). Our motto is simple: No Limitations if There is Value.
Our applications are at the core of the investment banking central equity systems within Societe Generale. These systems and applications are used within all steps of the deal lifecyle and record all equity deals of the bank. They are used in different steps of a deal’s lifecycle (from the booking to the maturity with all events from the market or update required by client). As such, these applications and systems are mission critical and require proper support and continuous enhancement.
Our business clients are Traders, Sales, Middle and Back Office within the Equities, Derivatives and Exotics markets. We are also work closely with the Client Valuation team, which provides price and product reports to Société Générale clients. These reports are also critical to our clients, as they allow them to trade or receive monthly/weekly/daily statuses on their positions.
This also allows us to work with transversal teams who are using our system for:
- PnL risk and Value at risk (reference team)
- Portfolio position (transversal trading desk)
- Macro booking (commando)
- Audit, Compliance and Regulatory request (FED request, Internal/External audit…etc)