- Market-specific trading and settlement requirements
- Cash equity product knowledge required (post trade lifecycle, settlement) with relevant experience and expertise as trade support
- Good understanding of sales and trader’s job and hedging decision making
- Strong and sharp analytical skills
- Accuracy, swiftness, ability to work well under pressure in trading floor environment
- Positive mindset, challenge and change oriented
- Excellent communication skills, required to interface with various internal partners (Traders, Sales, other Middle Offices, Product Control teams, Back Offices, IT) and in different countries (Asia, Europe, America).
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Japanese
- IT BA experience is a big plus
- Client - Client focus: I put long term relationship with our clients at the center of my actions, whatever my position
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
- Responsibility - Accountability: I make decisions in my scope of responsibilities
- Commitment - Care: I demonstrate consideration for others
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance
- Client - Risk: I strive to satisfy clients while taking into account risks for the company
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial strength and proven expertise in innovation with a strategy of sustainable growth. Committed to the positive transformations of the world’s societies and economies, Societe Generale seeks to build together with its clients, a better and sustainable future through responsible and innovative financial solutions. Active in the real economy for over 150 years, with a solid position in Europe and connected to the rest of the world, Societe Generale has over 117,000 employees in 66 countries and supports 25 million individual clients, businesses and institutional investors worldwide (figures as of August 2023). We have a presence in 11 locations across Asia Pacific. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ around 2,300 employees in the region. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai supports the Group in Asia Pacific and globally with customised business solutions.
- Trade Support’s mission is to ensure all trades and events on the Front office position are correctly reflected in the relevant IT system and/or database in order, mainly:
o For the Operations chain to be able to ensure a smooth settlement/ matching/ pre-confirmation for all operations
o For Front Office to have a clear visibility of their position and risk
o Work closely with IT team to define requirements for new business initiative or propose system enhancement / bug fix requests.
- Support/ monitor and control the sales and trading activity of Cash Equity Services team.
- Service the client base and ensure all operational requirements are completed to a high standard.
- Be subject expert to take a lead in designated tasks, developing workflow and procedural solutions on business growth and new client onboarding flow, especially for agency activities for cash equity
- Risk assessed mindset and identified any potential risk on current/new business and to implement any control workflow process when needed and with adequate framework
- Provide support to team management, understanding the bank strategies and to promote the correct Group Value