• General knowledge of applicable regulations relating to Banking, Broker-Dealer and Futures Commission Merchant activity
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to prioritize and work in a dynamic, deadline-focused environment
• Exemplary personal ethics and desire to always adhere to rules and regulations
• Ability to work well in a highly diverse team
• Ability to communicate well across all levels of an organization
• Demonstrated history of taking initiative
• Advanced knowledge of Excel and proficiency in Word and PowerPoint
• Excellent research and analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• 2-5 years of experience in either trade surveillance (in particular futures and fixed income), general compliance and/or financial services
• English language is required
Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking (SGCIB) is the third largest investment bank in the European Economic Area and is present in more than 75 countries around the world.
The head office of its Canadian securities broker is located in Montreal and has approximately 100 employees. Société Générale Group's SGCIB division has positioned itself as a front-line player in the trading securities and derivatives on the Canadian market. A Société Générale entity specializing in information technology is also based in Montreal.
Société Générale Group was established in Canada since 1974 and has today more than 400 employees and consultants based in its Montreal, Toronto and Calgary offices.