Within Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking, the Global Markets Division brings together the Research, Investment and Risk Management Solutions, Execution and Clearing, Prime Services, Equities, Fixed Income, Futures and Currencies & Commodities structuring capabilities with the objective of providing investors with one integrated multi-asset market solutions team. The business uses an advisory and innovation mindset, focused on client needs, with a global leader in financial markets engineering. Global Markets is a leading player in derivatives, with unrivaled over the counter and listed derivatives expertise, as well as cross-asset and economic research. Our prime services' offering is a unique combination of execution, clearing, custody and financing services.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrates strength in analytical skills associated with FX forward pricing and rate yield curve
models, pricing techniques, risk analysis common to Rates & FX portfolios, and solid understanding of mathematics
- Strong market knowledge of G10 FX Forwards and CAD STIR
- Solid understanding of macroeconomics, economic relationships and dynamics
- Proven ability to translate trading concepts into IT-friendly language to help facilitate projects
- Client-oriented market making track record with good established relationships and understanding of client needs
- High-achiever, driven to exceed expectations and with the highest personal standards in regards to integrity and confidentiality
- Good communication skills, able to navigate various situations with sales and other internal trading desks to identify revenue-generative opportunities and potential risks
- Highly collaborative - an open individual who can work successfully with multi-disciplinary, multinational teams
- 5-10yrs of experience market making in a global bank
- Bachelor's degree in Financial Engineering, Finance, Economics, Physics, a related field or the equivalent thereof.
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities, and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission: Recruit, develop, advance, and retain a diverse workforce that is united in our efforts to enhance our competitive position and deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Vision:
• Engaged workforce that is demographically diverse in a way that reflects the communities in which we operate
• Inclusive culture and workplace that recognizes employees' unique needs and utilizes their diverse talents
• Engage our community and marketplace, and position the organization to meet the needs of all its clients
For more information about our D&I initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/societe-generale-about/diversity-and-inclusion/)
HYBRID WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Societe Generale offers a hybrid work arrangement that offers employees the flexibility to work remotely, as well as on-site, in order to promote interaction and collaboration with colleagues while adhering to all SG standard protocols. Hybrid work arrangements vary based on business area. The applicable Business lines will determine and communicate the work arrangements that best meet their business needs.
COMPENSATION & SALARY RANGE:
Base salary range does not include overtime pay, bonus and/or other benefits, where applicable. Actual base salary offer will vary based on skills and experience.