Trainee – 12 months’ contract – APAC Sustainability Office
- Assist in the steering and monitoring of our sustainability strategy and actions in APAC
- Internal capacity-building: help to prepare sustainability presentations, training materials and animate our communities to drive an increase in our staff’s CSR awareness
- Identify and evaluate emission reduction opportunities and pathways in the region
- Assist in the production of presentation materials to support our APAC sustainability activities
- Engage with external stakeholders, including clients, rating agencies and industry associations, to gather feedback and share best practices on sustainability strategy, reporting and policy
- Monitor and report on sustainability trends and developments in the APAC region, and provide regular updates to internal and external stakeholders
- Provide support for sustainability-related initiatives, including public speaking and stakeholder engagement
ACADEMIC BACKGROUND AND CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in sustainability, STEM, finance, law or communications or a related field. You do not need a sustainability degree, however a passion for sustainability and a strong commitment to execution are musts.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex sustainability concepts to diverse audiences
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, and to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Previous experience in banking / insurance / in an extra-financial agency / or in a sustainability-related role is a plus
- Knowledge of or experience working on current ESG or sustainability issues an advantage: e.g. energy transition, circular economy, sustainable mobility or sustainable cities
- Professional certifications, such as GRI Standards or sustainability-related certifications, are a plus.
- Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel)
- Demonstrates strong presentation and organizational skills
- Analytical skills and ability to summarize key messages
Please select 6 skills from the leadership model
- Client - Understanding and Respect: I listen to clients and colleagues in order to understand and anticipate their needs
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
- Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity: I propose new ideas and solutions
- Responsibility - Accountability: I make decisions in my scope of responsibilities
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance
- Commitment - Sustainability: I strive to develop my skills and knowledge
To be considered for this role, please ensure that you will have completed your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree by the start date and can commit full-time.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidate will be notified.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions, and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
For more information, follow us on LinkedIn @Société Générale or visit our website www.societegenerale.asia.
Economic development is no longer possible without environmental and social progress. It is the responsibility of major companies to suggest the next virtuous models, models that encourage positive transformations of the world. Societe Generale has a leading role to play in helping build greener and more inclusive development models and enabling the emergence of new drivers of sustainable growth, and the Sustainability Office supports this mission in APAC.
Scope: Regional Role. The Sustainability Office team supports our business units, support units and clients in the Asia-Pacific.
You will assist in the steering and monitoring of the success of the stainability strategy in the region and ensuring alignment of our activities with the Group sustainability strategy, which is set out in the four key and interconnected areas of our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) ambition. Two of the pillars form the framework of responsible banking: a culture of responsibility and being a responsible employer. The other two areas are the springboards for positive transformations driven by the Group’s actions as a responsible bank: supporting the environmental transition and having a positive local impact.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the Head of Sustainability, APAC, to realize this ambition by driving and stewarding our progress in the areas of strategy and governance, policy and reporting, external engagement, ESG data, corporate citizenship, operations and own account emissions, and sustainability training and capacity building.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 2300059R
- Entity: Societe Generale Singapore Branch
- Starting date: immediate
- Publication date: 2023/02/22