Trainee – 12 months’ contract – Debt Capital Markets
- Prepare update of relevant capital markets data
- Assist in the preparation of marketing documents (market update, peer analysis, secondary pricing performance, primary pricing indications)
- Monitor primary market developments (recent transactions, pipeline and market rumors)
- Support execution of capital markets transactions for clients, with other internal and external parties
- Perform regular research on latest product developments and potential/existing business opportunities
- Develop further in-depth understanding of all DCM’s product; utilize this skill set to provide a high standard of advisory services to clients in the origination and execution of mandates
- Perform the role in accordance with the compliance rules inherent to the business, in respect of internal procedures, external and local Regulatory rules and SG's Group Code of Conduct
This role requires MIF2 certification.
ACADEMIC BACKGROUND AND CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree in Economics, Business, Finance or related disciplines
- Strong analytical and communication skills, highly numerate
- Good knowledge of fixed income markets and derivatives
- Experience with debt capital markets or a related fixed income discipline is a plus
- Commitment to work demanding hours with a positive attitude
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Willingness to step up in a small team environment
- Good command of Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Bloomberg would be a plus
- Please select 6 skills from the leadership model
- Client - Client focus: I put long term relationship with our clients at the center of my actions, whatever my position
- Team Spirit - Collective mindset: I favour the team’s interest over my own results
- Innovation - Simplification: I make things & ideas simple
- Responsibility - Accountability: I make decisions in my scope of responsibilities
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance
- Commitment - Sustainability: I strive to develop my skills and knowledge
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidate will be notified.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
For more information, follow us on LinkedIn @Société Générale or visit our website www.societegenerale.asia.
SG’s Debt Capital Markets group has responsibility for advising issuers (corporates, financial institutions and public-sector entities) on their issuance strategy in the primary debt capital markets and executing the related transactions. SG’s strengths reside primarily in cross-border offerings in public or private format
The trainee’s primary responsibility will be to support the senior staff from origination to execution/closing of transactions.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 23000705
- Entity: Societe Generale Singapore Branch
- Starting date: 2023/04/12
- Publication date: 2023/03/13