Trainee – 12 months’ contract – Investors Coverage Group
The junior position will be assisting the senior coverage bankers in their mission to develop sustainable relationships with the bank’s tier one clients and expand our business footprint.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities include, but is not limited to:
- Client mapping exercise (who’s who, who’s trading with who, who’s not covered, staff rotation, market intel)
- Gap analysis : identifying opportunities in the client wallet and gaps to address
- Client presentations and dashboard
- Broker reviews dashboard
- Support, coordination and global project management to life cycle (onboarding new master agreement, onboarding new clients, KYC reviews)
- Industry and sector intelligence
This role provides a unique opportunity to understand a bank’s commercial strategy, obtain exposure to high profile clients within the Hedge Fund, Asset Management and Pension Funds segments and get a 360 overview of an investment bank’s full range of services including its Global Market division’s full suite of products.
ACADEMIC BACKGROUND AND CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE
- Recent Bachelor or Master’s Degree holder, in business or engineering tracks
- Max 1 year working experience post Bachelor’s Degree
- CFA is a plus
- Prior internship experience in investment banking/financial services is preferred
- Appetite to understand investors’ clients’ strategy, needs and objectives
- Team player, proactively shares information and collaborates with others
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with ability to interact comfortably with a variety of businesses, management, and control functions across the bank.
- Flexible and Adaptable with a proven ability to work under pressure
- Sound analytical skills
- Fluent in Microsoft suite
Please select 6 skills from the leadership model
- Client - Client focus: I put long term relationship with our clients at the center of my actions, whatever my position
- Client - Sales and Marketing Strategy: I contribute to adapt our offer to our clients'/internal partners' needs
- Commitment - Exemplarity: I embody the Group’s values
- Responsibility - Courage: I express my convictions and make decisions with courage and respect.
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
- Team Spirit - Open mindset: I listen and share my views and my expertise in an open mode
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidate will be notified.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
For more information, follow us on LinkedIn @Société Générale or visit our website www.societegenerale.asia.
Societe Generale’s Global Markets Investors Coverage Group (MARK/ICG) is a sub-business line of MARK in charge of developing long term sustainable relationships with MARK & Societe Generale Group’s most valuable clients in the Asset Management, Hedge Funds and Pension Fund sectors.
MARK/ICG ‘s mandate is to present SG Investors’ Clients with the range of services offered by SG GBIS and SG Group, with a particular focus on global markets activities. This relies on a solid understanding of our Clients’ strategy and needs across public and private markets to maximize cross selling opportunities within MARK, other GBIS sub-business lines’ (GLBA, SGSS, GTPS) and SG Group affiliates.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 230003NL
- Entity: Societe Generale Singapore Branch
- Starting date: immediate
- Publication date: 2023/02/07