ACADEMIC BACKGROUND AND CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE
- Degree in law (Singapore or Commonwealth law qualification preferred)
- Experience with capital markets and/or lending activities an advantage
- Good communication skills and good command of spoken and written English
- Problem solving and analytical skills; attention to detail
- Motivated and able to work independently, while respecting reporting procedures
- Possesses basic post-graduate knowledge of fundamental legal principles within area of coverage.
- Drafts core legal documents/memos/emails succinctly, thoroughly and in plain language.
- Responds effectively to routine legal questions or issues raised by business partners or management.
- Identifies and analyses core legal issues within area of coverage.
- Identifies legal risks associated with a file.
- Stays on top of regulatory changes and case law.
- Researches points effectively.
- Please select 6 skills from the leadership model.
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority.
- Innovation - Technology: I adopt new technologies in the solutions and projects I work on.
- Responsibility - Risk awareness: I am constantly on the lookout for risks.
- Commitment - Care: I demonstrate consideration for others.
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance.
- Team Spirit - Collective mindset: I favour the team’s interest over my own results.
- We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidate will be notified.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
For more information, follow us on LinkedIn @Société Générale or visit our website www.societegenerale.asia.
The Asia-Pacific Legal division has a local presence in China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, Australia, Taiwan and Singapore.