Academic Background And Certifications, Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in communications, media & communication, marketing, literature, journalism or relevant field
- Internship experience in a multi-national corporation, specialised communication agency, or media agency is advantageous
- Strong written and verbal communication with excellent time management and organisational skills
- Proficiency in MS suite, Adobe Photoshop with design and video editing skills
- Willingness to learn and ability to communicate ideas clearly to the wider Asia Pacific communications team
- Strong sense of responsibility and a strong team player
- Languages: Fluency in English with fluency in a second language (e.g. Mandarin, French, Cantonese) is a plus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to Cooperate
- Open Mindset
- Thinking Out of the Box
- Technological & Digital Savvy
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale* is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognised on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
- The Communication department of Societe Generale Asia-Pacific ensures:
- The definition and implementation of the Communication strategy in the region (approx. 9,000 staff across 12 locations), in line with Societe Generale group communication and Asia-Pacific overall strategy and objectives;
- The promotion of Societe Generale’s brand, culture, values, and business expertise to its internal and external stakeholders in the Asia-Pacific region across the different communication channels;
- The support for their communication purposes and issues of its corporate functions and business activities, principally in Financing & Advisory, Global Markets and Investor solutions, Asset Management, and Transaction Banking.
The Communication department consists of a team based in Hong Kong and dedicated resources in key locations: China, India, Japan, and Singapore for SE Asia. The department is structured around the following activities:
- Branding & advertising;
- Partnerships & citizenship;
- Media relations;
- Editorial & digital communication;
The South East Asia sub-region encompasses 5 countries: Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.