- To assist corporate coverage bankers in client relationship maintenance and new client onboarding in an effective teamwork with colleagues in various functions.
- To support corporate coverage bankers to resolve the issues on the process of KYC, facilities booking etc, with all parties across FO, MO, and BO.
- Assist corporate coverage bankers on the client pitching related administrative taskforces.
- Monitor key economic developments, ongoing industry trends and company news and provide relevant analysis.
Main Responsibilities /Accountabilities / Tasks
- Perform prescreening and analysis on prospective clients & the industries and evaluate shortlisted companies’ financial performances;
- Prepare pitching materials and ESG analysis memos under the instruction of the seniors (proficiency in Power Point is thus a must)
- Data analysis and database maintenance (proficiency in Pivot Table is thus a must)
- Assist in the commercial assessment & due diligence analysis to support the origination of the deal opportunities with various solution teams
- Coordination with client and internal teams to complete KYC reviews up to standard timely
- Administration work and logistic arrangements
- Other tasks as assigned by team head from time to time
Academic Background (degree and major):
- Bachelor’s degree (relevant majors such as finance, accounting, investment management, etc. are preferred)
- Master’s Degree can be a plus
Working Experience / Technical Skills & Know how:
- Fresh graduate or graduated within 2 years
- with relevant experience in credit analysis or in supporting corporate coverage bankers
- accounting and financial analysis skills.
- Basic knowledge on commercial banking products is a plus.
Skills & Competencies:
- Good interpersonal & communication skills Good presentation and negotiation skills.
- Team player.
- Self-motivated learner with commitment and dedication to banking industry
- Capable to work and deliver the work timely and sometimes under pressures.
- English and Mandarin – Fluency in both speaking and writing is a must
- French will be a plus.
- Well versed in MS Office applications （Word, Excel, PowerPoint is a must）
Professional Qualification (if applicable):
- CFA or ACCA qualification is a plus
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
By joining the “Electronic Market Making” entity, you will work in a multi-cultural environment, fostering work/life balance. You will join a fast-growing team, encouraging exploration and implementation of cutting-edge technologies and ideas, with a flat management structure.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.