Description of the Business Line or Department
With nearly 12,000 employees in 38 countries, SG CIB is present in the main financial markets with extensive European coverage and representative offices in Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Americas and Asia-Pacific.
Within Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking, Global Markets (MARK) is a fully integrated multi-asset class, multi-product platform focusing on delivering high quality investment and risk management solutions to asset managers, pension funds, private banks, banks, insurance companies, hedge funds, family offices, sovereign funds and retail network distributors around the world.
MARK/EQD focuses on Equities and Derivatives. Its capabilities span the full spectrum of cash equity, equity finance, derivative-based services, equity structured product and strategic equity transactions.
The Trainee will be working with the Cash Equity Office in London, based on the new headquarters in One bank Street (Canary Wharf).
Summary of the key purposes of the role
The candidate will be part of the Cash Equity Execution team and will be responsible for supporting Head of Cash Equity Execution for EMEA and facilitating business activity, acting as a contact point for queries relating to support and control from the business group and controlling and supervising the activity of the group. The candidate will also be actively part of the on-going transversal projects impacting the different platforms in Europe.
The scope of the function covers MARK/EQD/CEE, with a focus on London platform activities.
Cash Equities Execution (CEE) is a sub business line of the Equities and Derivatives (EQD) business of SG with 90 dedicated advisory and execution specialists: global platform in Cash Equity markets supporting clients of all types, 125+ Markets and Exchange venues.
The candidate will support the Head of Execution EMEA by monitoring the activity and developing the business via the coordination of various projects as well as assist in internal support functions relations (OPER, Middle Office, Compliance, MACC, DFIN, ITEC, Audit, SAFE, Business Line heads and local London Management)
Summary of responsibilities
- Preparing presentations for SG Senior management (on sales performance, key projects...)
- Generating weekly reports and being the key contact to resolve PnL queries and follow up on PnL projects
- Liaising with the operational teams to make sure PnL reports are line with the organisation and working with managers to ensure the activity performance communicated to management is adequate
- Keeping track of the Joint Ventures between CEE and the other Business lines and following the collaborations between desks from different regions or activities
- Monitoring and reporting the trading desk’s operational risk by performing monthly Permanent Supervision controls
- Following up projects and specific product pushes across all platforms and coordinating the organisation of working groups.