Description of the Business Line or Department
DFIN/EUW are Financial Departments responsible by management, accounting and tax information, accountable for the correct application for GBIS activities of accounting, prudential, tax and valuation norms (head-office and local). The Client Assets Team is part of DFIN focusing on client assets protection.
The Client Assets Team is responsible for the oversight of the client assets and adequacy of systems and control to ensure compliance with the FCA CASS Sourcebook. The team is currently focused on Societe Generale International Limited compliance and the post Brexit readiness for the CASS requirements applying to Societe Generale London Branch (SGLB). This role will support the ongoing CASS compliance requirements for SGLB leading up to and post SGLB’s Third Country Branch authorisation.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
· Providing assistance to support the SGLB compliance with the FCA’s CASS requirements.
· Developing CASS governance & oversight MI as part of control framework for SGLB.
· Assisting with the production of MI for Management and the Client Assets Oversight Committee.
· Assisting in maintaining CASS rules, risk & controls mapping and attestations processes.
· Assisting in maintenance and update of CASS policies and procedure documents.
· Execution of daily, weekly, and monthly CASS controls within the SGLB CASS Central Team remit.
Summary of responsibilities
Assisting with the SGLB CASS Brexit implementation tasks, including:
· Assisting in the delivery of the implementation of CASS controls within the Central Team and the business
· Assisting in the testing and parallel run over CASS controls implemented
· Assisting in updating the CASS rules, risk & controls mapping as a result of the implementation
· Assisting in developing additional management information for the SGLB Client Assets Oversight Committee (CAOC)
· Assisting in production of CASS Policy & Procedure documentation
· Assisting in developing CASS governance & oversight framework for SGLB
· Supporting the provision of requirements and responses to assurance or compliance reviews as it relates to SGLB CASS Brexit implementation of controls
BAU tasks once the initial framework is set up:
· Performing daily, weekly, and monthly controls under the SGLB CASS Central Team responsibilities
· Assist with maintaining the SGLB CASS rules, risk & controls mapping
· Performing periodic review of tasks required by the CASS requirements
· Assist with producing management information required for Management and SGLB CAOC
· Assist with management of issues and breach management process
· Assisting with information requests arising from compliance reviews, internal audits and external audits.
· Assisting with designing, coordination and delivery of CASS training
Level of Autonomy and Authority
The ability to understand different business models and their CASS implications to identify any gaps and / or issues, and provide recommendations to the Head of Client Assets.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.