• Recent Graduate with a bachelor’s or Master’s degree in finance, business administration, economics or computer science
• Fluent in English, with an Asian language being a plus
• Demonstrate the capacity to work in a team environment, on collective success
• Display responsibility and act ethically
• Display commitment, demonstrating consideration for others
• Proficiency in Excel macro development / VBA preferred
• Ability to adapt quickly to challenging situations and find innovative solutions
• Ability to produce clear and concise deck on power point to support presentation/discussion
• Good communication skills
• Well organized and details oriented
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The Client Lifecycle & Digital Department (CLD) resides as part of the Wholesale Clients Technology & Operations division within Global Banking and Investor Solutions (GBIS).
CLD’s mission is to deliver a state-of-the art digital platform, targeting both users and clients in covering pre-trade, execution and post-trade activities. CLD aims to grow our internal client knowledge and deliver a user-friendly experience through the client lifecycle, while mitigating risk to protect the bank.
The APAC Transformation team is a key pillar of CLD and provides Project Management support on Global and Regional initiatives designed to improve operational efficiency and controls.
• Regulatory transformation (in collaboration with Ops Regulatory Group)
• Policies & Procedures transformation (in collaboration with Compliance)
• Client/Counterparty and Business relationship management (focus on CLD) (in collaboration with business lines – Global Markets, Global Finance, Financial Institutions Group, Coverage & Investment Banking, Global Transaction & Payments Services)
• CLD organization and operating model
• CLD processes and tools implementation (from quick win to sustainable, globally embedded solutions)
• People and how to accompany them throughout the transformation