Description of the Business Line or Department
The payments and cash management team delivers and supports transactional banking products and services that are provided to our corporate customers which includes:
· bank accounts including current, escrow and trustee accounts available in both GBP, EUR, USD and more than 20 other currencies
· execution and settlement of domestic and international payment orders and collection services
· secure electronic channels for the exchange of balance and transaction information and payment orders
· financing arrangements where we provide intraday and overnight facilities
· domestic and international inter-company cash pooling and invoice netting
· cheque and cash deposit and withdrawal facilities including open credit arrangements
Cash Management includes all of the processes companies use to improve their treasury management. It allows companies to have better control of their financial and cash flows and to improve their information gathering. In a group of companies, cash management can be used to manage risks such as liquidity risk. It is also used to control interest and exchange rates which may affect the company.
Therefore for a corporate customer cash management means ‘The effective planning, monitoring and management of liquid and/or near liquid resources.’ And the role of the Payments and Cash Management team is to provide them with the products and services they need so that wherever they are located in the world they have access to the information they require in order to be able to do this.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Part of the Global Transaction Banking business line, the Customer Support and Implementation Officers are customer-facing roles within the Payments and Cash Management department. Working as part of a team within a busy helpdesk environment, they are key to the delivery and support of the transactional banking products and services offered by the Payments and Cash Management department, which is achieved by adhering to these objectives:
· Deliver a quality service by ensuring that all tasks are completed, and recorded, accurately & correctly first time.
· Demonstrate clear and effective communication by providing customers with relevant information and comprehensive answers to their enquiries.
· Researching and developing product knowledge in order to provide appropriate support and guidance on our products, services and UK and EEA domestic payments schemes.
· Provide add-hoc support for appropriate Client Service projects and where required take lead in small projects
The expectation is that by complying with these objectives then our customers will be provided with the highest standard of customer support and service available.
Summary of responsibilities
· Assisting front office with sales activity
· Supporting customer on-boarding, account opening and closure
· Implementation and support of both domestic and international Cash Management products and services
· Providing accurate and comprehensive answers to customer enquiries
· Administration of customer data
· Management of customer billing and invoicing
· Processing of sterling and international cheques
· Liaising with back office teams to ensure both timely and correct execution of customer payment orders
Level of Autonomy and Authority
When interacting with the customer, it is expected that the person will adequately research, analyse and understand the issue to propose and deliver an appropriate solution to the problem that they have been presented with.
With regards to interactions with colleagues, it is expected that the person will display an attitude and approach based on open and honest communication so that they seek to actively participate in discussions with other team members and be supportive of the development of the Customer Support team.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.