- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Business School or specialize in internal controls or similar
- Previous experience in a financial institution (preferably in Compliance, Risk, Internal Audit, or Operations)
- Proficiency in Word / PowerPoint / Excel including Macro (required to be able to compute data and perform some analysis on raw data)
- Able to articulate your ideas well in both verbal and written manner
- Highly adaptable, well-organised and able to multitask
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12-month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full-time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the
economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 10,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset
management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
Hong Kong is the regional Compliance hub; it is also the regional business hub. The Hong Kong Compliance team is 50+ staff and split into various teams based on their areas of expertise.
The candidate will be a member of the Hong Kong Compliance department under the Compliance Control team (CTL) in charge of assessing controls performed by the First and Second Lines of Defense departments to mitigate
compliance risks. The team carries out compliance review assignments based on a yearly control plan defined.
This position constitutes a very good entry point into a leading financial services group, and a valuable experience in
Compliance department as well as in transversal & organization functions of the bank.