- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Risk Management, Business or similar
- Experience in audit or management consulting favoured
- Curious, eager to learn
- Self-starter and willing to take things in their own hands
- Proficient with MS Office
- Experience in risk management and controls is a plus but not a requirement
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12-month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full-time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 10,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
The Asia-Pacific Compliance division (CPLE/ASI) is the Compliance arm of the Asia BU. It has a local presence in Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, Singapore and Taiwan (130+ staff in total). Our primary focus is to support CIB-type of activities (global capital markets & global structured finance) across the region.
Hong Kong is the regional Compliance hub. The Hong Kong Compliance team is approx. 50+ staff and split into various areas of expertise:
- Advisory dedicated to Business Lines and Support Functions
- Capital Markets Surveillance
- 2nd Level Controls and Risk Assessment
- Financial Crime Unit
- Regulatory Oversight
- Chief Operating Officer (COO)
The candidate will be a member of the Hong Kong COO team. The COO team is a transversal team that manages several matters for Compliance department in the region: strategic planning, operational risk management, “compliance academy” (professional development of Compliance staff), and Regulatory projects.