• Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Engineering or similar
• Strong skills in computing: especially on dashboarding solutions, data processing, and statistical modeling
• Strong knowledge of the market and the instruments of the business line oversee
• Understanding of capital market, and in particular the strategies and products
• Understanding of valuation and risk of Equity, Fixed Income and derivatives products
• Pro-active, swift, analytical, rigorous, able to multi task and work under pressure, team player
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of B42:C45the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The market risk team for the ASIA region is part of the ASIA Risk division: RISQ/ASI and the global market risk team: RISQ/RMA, headquartered in Paris. All strategic decisions are made with the full cooperation of both teams RISQ/ASI and RISQ/RMA, and adhere to Directive 36 Appendix 3 on Market, Liquidity and Structural Risks. The Market Risk department oversights for the ASIA CRO and SG Group Risk Division Market Liquidity and Structural Risks in the ASIA region, designs regulatory models and validates pricing and liquidity models.
The Cross-Asset Risk officer manages for the Market Risk department in Asia the transversal and/or multi-asset analysis. He/She reports to the Head of Market Risks in ASIA (RISQ/ASI/RMA) and functionally to the Head of RISQ/RMA/CME.