- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Engineering or similar
- Solid level in financial mathematics
- Extremely proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- General awareness and appreciation for global current affairs, macroeconomic and policy environment
- Familiar with products traded (Derivatives products: swaps, futures, options)
- Previous exposure to any single asset class in the financial markets is a plus
- Must be very reliable and pay particular attention to detail
- Ability to adapt quickly to challenging situations and find innovative solutions
- High standard of written English
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
Under the responsibility of the Flow Strategy and Solutions team, you will support the Cross-Asset Strategist. During this 12-month period, you will assist the Strategist in the development of Flow cross asset derivatives, macro, delta one and corporate actions trade ideas, the generation of publication reports and the development of new tools to support the business (Excel / Powerpoint). You will primarily be in charge of generating and maintaining Strategy reports. This role will allow you to gain an excellent experience in Market Finance and a valuable knowledge of derivatives products.