- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Information Technology, Data Science or similar
- Ability to produce Excel dashboard, PowerPoint management presentations with high or complete autonomy
- Familiar with emerging technologies such as Public Cloud, Big Data & AI, Digital Services, Distributed Ledgers, Information Systems design etc.
- Previous exposure in Compliance and Hackathon is a plus
- Previous experience in Project Management / Coordinator in an investment bank or audit / consultancy firm is a plus
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Detail oriented and ensure tasks are being completed with high level of accuracy
- Excellent communication and display good team spirit
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
Hong Kong is the regional Compliance hub; it is also the regional business hub. The Hong Kong Compliance team is 50+ staff and split into various teams based on their areas of expertise.
You will join a recently formed Data & Digital function, responsible for:
- Compliance advisory on innovative & digital solutions
- Compliance supervision of the IT departments
- Personal Data Protection Office for Asia-Pacific
With Technology taking an ever-increasing stake in our day to day life, professional and personal, Financial Institutions future success depend on their ability to master technology. Seeking economic development while safeguarding financial stability, regulators play an instrumental role in promoting the adoption of new technologies while making sure it is done in a sound manner, that doesn’t harm the general public. Strengthening Data & Digital compliance is therefore instrumental to sustain the ever-accelerating adoption of new technologies and digital services, while staying abreast of the evolving regulatory landscape and minimizing implied risks.
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside our experts, who will support you in your tasks. Gradually, you will become more independent in your projects, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
Through this position, you will acquire expertise in the strategic field of Data & Digital Compliance, learn about wholesale banking and grow professional coordination and planning competencies. You will develop a strong network across the Compliance department and the company Data & Digital community, including with subject matter experts and senior management.