- Hold a relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance or similar
- Attention to details and multi-task skill - being able to handle and prioritize between different topics is crucial
- High level of energy and reactivity required for handling day to day issues efficiently
- Comfortable in working in a fast-paced environment and able to react quick to incidents and urgent queries
- Ability to work under pressure - working in a dealing room environment
- Excellent communication skills – working on daily basis with front office staff and external SG clients; able to confidently communicate with them
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sense of service, and flexibility are essential requirements
- Effective, team spirit and eagerness to learn
- Knowledge of KYC / Legal negotiations and financial products is a plus
- Previous experience working in an Investment Bank is a plus
- Fluent English is mandatory, fluent Chinese and/or French is a plus
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
SG offers different products (FX Spot & Derivatives, Fixed Income, Commodities and Structured Products) to our clients for electronic execution and through various platforms. We work with vendors, recognized for their multi-bank systems and client footprints. We also promote and support its Single Dealer Platform. As part of the E-client services team, it is responsible for onboarding clients in Asia Pacific region on our electronic offer and making sure that the client experience is smooth and efficient. The team also acts first point of contact for clients using our electronic execution capabilities and is responsible for troubleshooting and coordinating for issues resolution within our organization. This responsibility also extends to providing accurate feedback and visibility to our clients and front office. In addition, the E-client services team works closely with the Sales to assist them in developing our electronic client footprint in the APAC region. Our focus and commitment to our clients are key to our success.